• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Texans at Panthers GameDay Thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It isn't just Ikey. Bozeman is getting trucked, Moton is getting trucked, *insert player at LG* is getting trucked. They all are getting destroyed. Hence why I believe this is more of a coaching issue.

These same players did not look like hammered dogshit last year.

They're road grading run blocking maulers being asked to be finesse zone blocking pass blockers. As I said in another thread, Fitt and Reich should have talked over the blocking scheme before free agency and the draft. Then they should have stuck with last year's blocking scheme or made trades/signings/picks for what Frank wants.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

That's fine in theory but we supposedly have a lot of "run blocking" offensive lineman that keep getting nuked in the run game.

This is coaching. These same players were fuging mauling people in the run game last season. 

Icky would be a great guard i think. He just not a LT. We dont have very good guards tbh outside of Corbett 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

Only because they didn’t play last week lol. But in all seriousness, they had the same OL coach last year. Maybe Campen is just not very good at his job. I don’t see how he could be with how the OL has performed this year. There are plenty of examples of franchises who have consistently good OLs across many years and coaching staffs because they keep the right guy as OL coach. Campen ain’t it.

Lol. That is a somewhat Freudian slip on my part. Apropos even.

I agree. Campen doesn't get off the hook here. I cannot fathom the massive drop from one year to the next. Especially in something like the running game.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Ickey is a guard. Move him there he will be the best guard in the NFL point blank.

Coaching staff is just wasting his talent keeping him a LT.

BS! Not sure why you making excuses for Ickey when he can't push the guy in front of him no matter where he is line up. We got him for his pancakes on rushing downs but if he can't even do that, he is worthless cause he can't protect Bryce backside on passing plays where most of the pressure is coming from even if he tries. That should have been an easyTD for Hubbard against the Texans front.

3 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Only because they didn’t play last week lol. But in all seriousness, they had the same OL coach last year. Maybe Campen is just not very good at his job. I don’t see how he could be with how the OL has performed this year. There are plenty of examples of franchises who have consistently good OLs across many years and coaching staffs because they keep the right guy as OL coach. Campen ain’t it.

There's a reason Campen was available for Rhule to sign onto his staff

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

Icky would be a great guard i think. He just not a LT. We dont have very good guards tbh outside of Corbett 

I can't say for sure that Ikey cannot make it as a LT. I do think he would be a better OG, however.

I am just perplexed at how this supposedly good OL somehow has turned into absolute dogshit.

Edited by kungfoodude