• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luvu... Defensive player of the week

Jmac

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's more than the defensive player of the year, hell he's our team MVP through the first half of the season.

Yeah he’s one of the few guys playing full of fire out there on every play. Certainly not all, but many of this team seems to have checked out and go missing throughout the games. Luvu goes 110% from the first whistle to the last.

• Pie 1

During the "Moose" chants during the game Sunday for the Hall of Honor Ceremony, it got me thinking about Luvu.

We had the "Moose" chant for Muhammed, the "Hoov" chant for Brad Hoover, "Luke" needs no explanation.

I think Frankie has gotten to that level.

Did my best in Section 540 to start the "Uce" chant every time he makes a play.  Going to try to keep spreading it this weekend too.

Would be awesome if we could start that as a fanbase.  Anyway, I'll be screaming it with my boys every time #49 makes a play on Sunday.  Hopefully, we'll hear some more people joining in.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's more than the defensive player of the year, hell he's our team MVP through the first half of the season.

I was at the game.  I'm not sure if television did justice to just how damn good a performance Frankie had.  It's been years since we've seen a Panthers LB have a performance like that. He was everywhere.

12 Tackles (2 for Loss), 1 Sack, and 2 Passes Defended.

He literally did it all. And got to do it as a professional in front of his mom for the 1st time.  What a game to have with your mom there!!

And finally, with what happened with Reddick, I will lead the riot on Mint St. if we don't resign Luvu.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

The more I think about it, the more I can definitely say that is the greatest LB performance I've seen in person since Luke in the 2015 NFC Championship game.

I don't know if everyone can truly appreciate what a special player you have to be to line up and beat an offensive lineman that has 60+ pounds on you for a sack on one play and still be able to effectively play coverage against a NFL caliber player on the next.

I know we have been spoiled as a franchise by incredible LB play, but Frankie's performance on Sunday deserves recognition on its own.  

Luvu wasn't 100%, our defense was decimated, and he still came out and did everything he could on defense to help get the win.  Definition of a champion!!

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

Just curious, what's the sentiment in here on a Luvu extension?  He's my favorite player on the team and I'm probably going to be buying a Franklin Luvu jersey the minute he hopefully gets extended, but I know historically most of you are super opposed to paying big money to linebackers.  He will in all likelihood be getting paid big money...Roquan Smith just set the market earlier this year with a 5-year $100 million contract with $60 million guaranteed.