• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Carolina David carr Bryce young

Gipetto

I mean Joe Burrow recently got his brains battered as a rookie and it didn't phase him like that. I think it just became an excuse for Carr over time as to why he didn't work out but that was an expansion team with a pretty bad roster and he went to a lesser school and put up big stats. Probably didn't belong going first overall. 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I mean Joe Burrow recently got his brains battered as a rookie and it didn't phase him like that. I think it just became an excuse for Carr over time as to why he didn't work out but that was an expansion team with a pretty bad roster and he went to a lesser school and put up big stats. Probably didn't belong going first overall. 

Neither did Young 

he doesn’t even have the running skills to protect himself or be a threat 

it’s not like the colts are a world class defense 

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

Neither did Young 

he doesn’t even have the running skills to protect himself or be a threat 

it’s not like the colts are a world class defense 

As we have seen this season so much of the NFL is just about matchups and execution. At one point the Lions could lose 7 in a row and then go off to become one of the better teams in the NFL from that point on. The Colts could have a great defensive day against us and then give up 40 next week to a sorry team. 

Heck, we looked great defensively against the Texans last week. And CJ Stroud just had the best rookie QB performance of all time today. It happens. 

9 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

This may be the worst OL in franchise history. To think Fitterer thought the OL was "fixed" after last year.

Bozeman is garbage. Ickey is trending toward being a bust, and Throckmorten is a JAG at best. The only remotely capable NFL OL we have are Moton and Corbett.

Bolded what I'm agreeing with and did not expect.  He's been having a really rough season.  He's just getting manhandled.  

35 minutes ago, Varking said:

As we have seen this season so much of the NFL is just about matchups and execution. At one point the Lions could lose 7 in a row and then go off to become one of the better teams in the NFL from that point on. The Colts could have a great defensive day against us and then give up 40 next week to a sorry team. 

Heck, we looked great defensively against the Texans last week. And CJ Stroud just had the best rookie QB performance of all time today. It happens. 

The QB position is key in this league 

He can’t even run to protect himself when receivers are covered our protection breaks down 

I hoped for the best with this guy but he does not do one thing that defenses fear at the nfl level. 

not one 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

The QB position is key in this league 

He can’t even run to protect himself when receivers are covered our protection breaks down 

I hoped for the best with this guy but he does not do one thing that defenses fear at the nfl level. 

not one 

He did just throw a terrible pick, too. But its just year one of Bryce. We are going to have to invest in tools to help him succeed this season. Its the most unforgivable thing for me that Fitterer did in trading DJ Moore away to get a Qb when thats the perfect player to help your QB develop. I wouldn't care if we were 0-17 if the offense looked better. 

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

He did just throw a terrible pick, too. But its just year one of Bryce. We are going to have to invest in tools to help him succeed this season. Its the most unforgivable thing for me that Fitterer did in trading DJ Moore away to get a Qb when thats the perfect player to help your QB develop. I wouldn't care if we were 0-17 if the offense looked better. 

I appreciate the optimism 

saying young will be a starting caliber QB is putting lipstick on a pig 

someday, he might be a good manager for the perfectly assembled team

in the meantime, there will not be one panthers fan in that stadium that is going to pay to watch this bullshit.  Not one for the true face value of the tickets 

this…is worse than Clausen 

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's a guy getting sacked more than David Carr in his first year starting and he's still putting up big time numbers.

Some guys have it and some don't. I don't really buy into "ruining" a guy. Those guys were soft and didn't have it anyway.

And who may that be.

And before you go name Stroud.

I suggest you go look at the numbers.