• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you are employed by Carolina, Thursday is a must win

CRA

As mad as people are nothing is going to change most likely going into this short week BUT….

if we lose to the Bears…we will see some action go down in Charlotte.  I don’t know what that will mean but it will be something.  Bryce getting time off, Frank going back to playcaller, Fitt taking it on the chin, some random firings at skill positions, who knows..

But I just don’t see a world where we lose to the Bears and nothing happens.  The embarrassment will reach it’s peak on prime time vs the team we are going to be gifting the #1 overall pick to.  And you know that narrative and talk is going to be big.  And potentially losing to to a random late round rookie backup QB with our #1 overall QB. 

this is the Panthers Super Bowl

• Pie 3

I agree but from a fan perspective it almost just doesn't even matter. Does anyone - and I mean ANYONE - have one ounce of confidence or even blind faith left that Tepper will get their replacements right? We're just stuck in this cycle of massive knee jerk reaction desperation moves until David Tepper comes to grips with the reality that he is the problem with the Carolina Panthers and he needs to remove himself or at the very least take a massive step back from football decisions.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 2

As the other two said above literally nothing matters until Tepper is gone or removes himself 

Nothing else is even worth overly discussion at this point. Which I realize defeats the entire point of a lot of this I’m just saying, things are honestly that bad

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 2

We might win this game in a battle of field goals.  I've been saying that this 3 game stretch of winnable games was the low hanging fruit portion of the schedule and we could/should win at least two of them.  That said, if we lose this one with the teams we have left on the schedule, then that's a wrap.  We are looking at a 1--at most, 2 win season.  The only caveat being if Bryce gets benched at some point.  Dalton will squeeze out another win or two.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

We might win this game in a battle of field goals.  I've been saying that this 3 game stretch of winnable games was the low hanging fruit portion of the schedule and we could/should win at least two of them.  That said, if we lose this one with the teams we have left on the schedule, then that's a wrap.  We are looking at a 1--at most, 2 win season.  The only caveat being if Bryce gets benched at some point.  Dalton will squeeze out another win or two.

If we want to win two out of three games we better schedule three college teams.

Schedule UNC, Clemson, and NC State and yeah I feel confident that we could win two out of those three.

I kid, but not really. There's not a single NFL schedule lineup you could put in front of us that I would have any confidence in winning two out of three.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree but from a fan perspective it almost just doesn't even matter. Does anyone - and I mean ANYONE - have one ounce of confidence or even blind faith left that Tepper will get their replacements right? We're just stuck in this cycle of massive knee jerk reaction desperation moves until David Tepper comes to grips with the reality that he is the problem with the Carolina Panthers and he needs to remove himself or at the very least take a massive step back from football decisions.

Not only does David Tepper need to come to this realization, since they’re desperate to include Nicole Tepper in a lot of the important decisions, he’ll need to convince her to take a massive step back from the football decisions.  

Good luck!

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we want to win two out of three games we better schedule three college teams.

Schedule UNC, Clemson, and NC State and yeah I feel confident that we could win two out of those three.

I kid, but not really. There's not a single NFL schedule lineup you could put in front of us that I would have any confidence in winning two out of three.

Take an average team like say our divison rival Saints and they had a stretch of games ex: Home: Texans, Colts Away: Bears--in the three consecutive games, they are thinking 'we probably get all 3 of these games.'

Point being it looks like we can't take advantage of a soft spot in the schedule.

Honestly, the worst outcome is us barely scraping a win in a low scoring affair versus Tyson Bagent.  That puts another seed into this idea we could make something out of a Fitt/Reich setup.  

This needs to either be a resounding, "we're not as bad as you think" win, or I think a low scoring win is just as bad as a loss.  

It'll probably be some 16-10 type BS.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Take an average team like say our divison rival Saints and they had a stretch of games ex: Home: Texans, Colts Away: Bears--in the three consecutive games, they are thinking 'we probably get all 3 of these games.'

Point being it looks like we can't take advantage of a soft spot in the schedule.

We ARE the soft spot on the schedule. We are that team other teams look at and say, "Okay, we GOTTA beat THESE guys."

• Pie 3
  • Flames 3

Oh I agree nothing will actually matter, just that I feel this will be where we see the most change we see happen if we lose.  Whatever that will be.  This will essentially be treated as the bottom by Tepper IMO.  He will want some face saving/blame moves and will get them if we take the L. 

30 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is why I’ve put football on the back burner. I can’t follow another team and this team’s problem starts at a position we can’t do anything about, owner.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2