• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Shefter on Pat McAfee show (From Monday)

Jmac

16 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Probably talking about the stadium renovation deal or some bullshit like that. 

Ha Ha More than likely. With his track record I cannot for the life of me see him doing one positive thing that will make the Panthers a better football team.

If anything, I could see the Scott and many others departing.  While there's plenty of blame to go around for the players and coaches - there's the plain and simple fact that the Front Office did not do a good job of putting together the most talented team or managing the assets of the team in a responsible manner.  Like if Frank/TB want to run a zone run game, then we need zone OL.  We have a power OL.  Someone fugged that up (again, PLENTY TO BLAME to pass around!).

Can't cry over spilled milk, all you can do is wipe it up.  I'm really curious to see what happens.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Two offseasons?  The first year, the HC had final say over personnel decisions so what pull did the assistant GM really have?  That's why I wanted to see what Fitterer could do this offseason.  It was a colossal flop.   Everything he touched--every decision he made has made no impact or backfired horribly this season with the exception to Thielen.

My point exactly. You think Morgan didn't have input on those decisions?

Totally agree on a total cleanout of the front office execs and scouts. Morgan included. 

And you can't just replace them with a winning team's front office people either since that's no guarantee. Ryan Poles came from KC--not looking good yet. Even Tepper came from PIT--not looking good yet. Even Caserio was being chased out of Houston as late as after the draft.

They all gotta go, but we have to brace for their replacements potentially being even worse.

Evero is the best HC candidate for us in my opinion.  He has shown in two specific stops he can build a well run defense with a lack of talent or backups.  He would be intelligent enough to bring in an offensive staff that will adjust the scheme to the personnel.  That is our biggest failing.

We need a draft centered GM.   Our weakness stems from piss poor drafting after the 2nd round since before Gettleman was GM.

I'd be looking at Brant Tilis (we interviewed him, Chiefs), MIke Borgonzi (Chiefs, we interviewed him) or Adam Peters (49'ers).  The first two I mentioned would likely be in favor of having Evero as coach since they had played against his defenses and know him better than most.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

Evero is the best HC candidate for us in my opinion.  He has shown in two specific stops he can build a well run defense with a lack of talent or backups.  He would be intelligent enough to bring in an offensive staff that will adjust the scheme to the personnel.  That is our biggest failing.

We need a draft centered GM.   Our weakness stems from piss poor drafting after the 2nd round since before Gettleman was GM.

I'd be looking at Brant Tilis (we interviewed him, Chiefs), MIke Borgonzi (Chiefs, we interviewed him) or Adam Peters (49'ers).  The first two I mentioned would likely be in favor of having Evero as coach since they had played against his defenses and know him better than most.

I remember we interviewed Peters but he took himself out of the running, probably because of the bullshit way Tepper wanted to run the team. He was my top pick. Many 49 fans seem to think he is the real brains of their operation and not Lynch.

7 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Okay. so don't give the guy shot who has been in football his entire life over a dude that stumbled into football.  If I remember correctly, Fitterer had a baseball background that became a scout and move from baseball to football.  Morgan has literally lived his whole life in the game. So I think he has a leg up on his boss.  It wouldn't be the first time a junior member of a organization could outperform their boss if only given a chance. 

Also, you aren't going to find a replacement mid-season if Fitterer is let go.  Who's going to make personnel decisions or will Tepper take on that role?  That's right, most likely Dan Morgan.

You people have to think sometimes. 

Point still stands if he wasn’t an ex Panther you’d want him out the door. Might aswell promote the assistant Oline coach while we’re at it with your theory