• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A thought I had about Scott while taking a sh*t

SaltAndPepper

7 hours ago, SaltAndPepper said:

Hear me out... But do we really want to fire Scott?

The whole reason we ended up getting Scott in the first place is because there was already a coach in place, and no one wanted to come here as a GM without having roster control (think cereal without milk). If we fire Scott we're just going to keep on having this cycle of perpetual firing of 

*It's the GM*
*It's the coach that needs to be fired*

I'd rather give Reich and Scott until the ended of Bryce's second year (2024). By then, we'll have a full two seasons to know if Bryce is the guy. If not, fire both of them and then use the 1st rounder you have in 2025, trade JC/ Derrick Brown for Draft capital, and there you go, you can keep rebuilding since 2018. 

TLDR: If we fire Scott only and not Reich, we'll just keep this cycle of firing one at a time. Wait until 2024 to fire both of them and bring in new faces across the board at both coach and GM. 

Fine, but they should, if conditions indicate/something does not click with the QB by midseason year 2, be given a chance to have another QB run the team so that maybe we could get a look at what the offense was supposed to look like.

If it was supposed to look like this? There are a whole bunch of contracts that need to be litigated. 

8 hours ago, SaltAndPepper said:

Hear me out... But do we really want to fire Scott?

The whole reason we ended up getting Scott in the first place is because there was already a coach in place, and no one wanted to come here as a GM without having roster control (think cereal without milk). If we fire Scott we're just going to keep on having this cycle of perpetual firing of 

*It's the GM*
*It's the coach that needs to be fired*

I'd rather give Reich and Scott until the ended of Bryce's second year (2024). By then, we'll have a full two seasons to know if Bryce is the guy. If not, fire both of them and then use the 1st rounder you have in 2025, trade JC/ Derrick Brown for Draft capital, and there you go, you can keep rebuilding since 2018. 

TLDR: If we fire Scott only and not Reich, we'll just keep this cycle of firing one at a time. Wait until 2024 to fire both of them and bring in new faces across the board at both coach and GM. 

Thanks for reading my post like a good week ago

8 hours ago, CRA said:

Problem is it enables him to use our picks in 2024, trade for players, sign free agents and the contracts that go along with it. 

basically, what has lead to the roster we have.  So the hole gets deeper 

My plan would be to completely neuter him.  No trading picks, no signing players to more then 1 year deals and cutting anyone who wouldn't carry dead cap into 2025

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, CRA said:

Problem is it enables him to use our picks in 2024, trade for players, sign free agents and the contracts that go along with it. 

basically, what has lead to the roster we have.  So the hole gets deeper 

uhhhhh what picks in 2024? might as well tank next year honestly. lame duck season. Remember, this is year 6 of a 25 year rebuild.

8 hours ago, toldozer said:

What gm candidate is taking this job with Reich as the coach,  Bryce as the qb,  a contract mess with burns,  and no first round pick.  Not anyone we would want, we'll maybe someone tepper would want.

honestly, don't let him resign burns. can franchise him that's it. don't pay him and cuck the franchise. the goal should exactly be 2025 by this point, and that's to START the rebuilt. We need to Arizona next season.

Just now, Khaki Lackey said:

The new GM can evaluate Frank next season and hire his own guy after that. What we can't have is the lunacy of the HC choosing his new boss.

herein lies the rub, a new gm is going to be inherently biased against both frank and young, they always tend to want their guys

You probably will lose some good candidates if frank and bryce are pushed on him

The best and most painful route for this franchise is to roll it back with everyone in 24 and either pray it gets better or burn all down after next year.

That said Tepper should probably do it after this season if we only win a few games

34 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

herein lies the rub, a new gm is going to be inherently biased against both frank and young, they always tend to want their guys

You probably will lose some good candidates if frank and bryce are pushed on him

The best and most painful route for this franchise is to roll it back with everyone in 24 and either pray it gets better or burn all down after next year.

That said Tepper should probably do it after this season if we only win a few games

I see what you mean, but if the new GM is hired with the understanding that he can hire his own guys after the jury comes back on Frank and Bryce, I think they would agree to that. I think Frank's biggest problem is the roster Scott assembled, Bryce is suffering because of it as well, but he's got bigger problems. (no pun intended)