• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Wrong Play......

tukafan21

Was the 2nd down go route

That's when we needed to just pick up a 5 yard play, it would have made 3rd down more manageable, it would have allowed to potentially go for it on 4th and 5, or it would have been a more reasonable attempt at a 54 yard FG instead.

But running that go route was about the worst play call and/or decision by Bryce imaginable at that time, we had been working it down the field on short throws pretty well up until then, should have done another there.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Was the 2nd down go route

That's when we needed to just pick up a 5 yard play, it would have made 3rd down more manageable, it would have allowed to potentially go for it on 4th and 5, or it would have been a more reasonable attempt at a 54 yard FG instead.

But running that go route was about the worst play call and/or decision by Bryce imaginable at that time, we had been working it down the field on short throws pretty well up until then, should have done another there.

That lost the game right there and I knew it.  Why the fug are we trying to take a deep shot when CLEARLY we don't have the parts for it?  We were doing just fine with the underneath stuff the Bears were giving us.  Yes, we had plenty of time, so urgency wasn't a factor.

2 minutes ago, ThrillzforthePils said:

Brown wanted to end that game.  It didn’t work.  I like the call since we hadn’t thrown deep but once.  Too bad Bryce was properly shook

Hated the call.  The Bears were defending for the deep ball for such a play call.  Wasted play and effectively ended the game.

2 minutes ago, ThrillzforthePils said:

Brown wanted to end that game.  It didn’t work.  I like the call since we hadn’t thrown deep but once.  Too bad Bryce was properly shook

If you want to call that on 2nd down when we were on our own side of the 50, sure, go for it.

But once we crossed the 50, goal #1 should have been to get into reasonable FG range.

It was the wrong call for that point in the game and it made for a much tougher 3rd down play, the whole game was horrible, but I think that call could have been the killer, especially with how we were actually moving the ball on that drive for once.