• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Carr syndrome

Jmac

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

It’s only a thing players who have a weak mind go through. Other QBs get sacked like crazy and still perform. At this point it’s just an excuse for why Carr sucked but he was a big performer at a small lesser school and he wasn’t ready for the NFL. 

Yeah I agree. It can make a QB jittery or play bad during the game when the OL is struggling, but I’d like to think the good QBs can bounce back and get into rhythm when the OL plays better. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah I agree. It can make a QB jittery or play bad during the game when the OL is struggling, but I’d like to think the good QBs can bounce back and get into rhythm when the OL plays better. 

I mean recently we have seen it especially with guys like Burrow. Or even look at @LinvilleGorges boy Sam Howell. He’s getting plastered every week and performing at a high level. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

I mean recently we have seen it especially with guys like Burrow. Or even look at @LinvilleGorges boy Sam Howell. He’s getting plastered every week and performing at a high level. 

Sam is used to it. That UNC OL his final year was beyond atrocious. Dude don't give a fug. He'll stand in there and fire that pig skin anyway. He's that dude and somehow the whole NFL just missed it.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Varking said:

It’s only a thing players who have a weak mind go through. Other QBs get sacked like crazy and still perform. At this point it’s just an excuse for why Carr sucked but he was a big performer at a small lesser school and he wasn’t ready for the NFL. 

Yes and no.

Carr had his own issues, but he absolutely was shell shocked by the number of hits he took. He felt phantom pressure for the rest of his career. 

It’s too early to tell with Bryce. You usually need 1.5-2 seasons to tell with a QB. The group around him isn’t very good, and as the article in The Athletic pointed out, not the right scheme players. 

Many of his negatives get inflated by that, but he does have some alarming footwork/technique at times as well. 

By this time next season, what Bryce is going to be will be clear.