• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you watch CJ Stroud and wonder ‘what if’?

TheBigKat

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

BCBEA1F7-89C8-4AD9-95AA-6B024D327AA0.gif.3db3a1451972d8ad29932b98d1e0b4cb.gif

Me at some point during the Texans - Bengals game. We missed bad. Stroud was the guy. The guy that was going to bring us to relevancy again, and be our guy for the next 12-15 years. Especially with how the South is, he was going to have us perennial contenders.

Option 1 for me would be Howell plus DJ Moore and all that draft capital we gave up. But option 2 would definitely be to draft Stroud over Bryce. Either way, vibes would be a LOT different around these parts.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Option 1 for me would be Howell plus DJ Moore and all that draft capital we gave up. But option 2 would definitely be to draft Stroud over Bryce. Either way, vibes would be a LOT different around these parts.

The vibe of having a future of watchable football vs endless open Sundays? Yeah there would still be a plethora of issues with the team but at least the football would be watchable. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I 100% admit I drank the kool-aid. It was nice having hope for the first time in 3 years. Those 5 months were great. I trusted the powers that be to make the right decisions to hire a HC and then draft a franchise QB.

Then the preseason happened and I was willing to give it time.

Then the start of the season happened and I was willing to give it to the mid-point of the season to see improvement.

Now we just lost to the team that holds our 1st round pick next year and we are in sole possession of the worst record in Football without the #1 overall pick to look forward to. We haven't even hit rock bottom and we're already lower as a franchise than we have ever been before.

There is absolutely zero hope for the future which is the worst part. Our owner is incompetent and hires incompetent GMs and HCs.

Go ahead and plan your vacations for the middle of the season next year, it's not going to get any better, no point in watching it.

My fear is Tepper tries to overcompensate this offseason and signs a ton of mid-tier FAs to record breaking deals to try and offset the lack of a 1st round pick and to try and drum up excitement to sell tickets next year. Still trying to fix the train while it's moving.

We are screwed until 2025 at the earliest but most likely screwed in perpetuity as long as Tepper is in charge.

You have opened your eyes. Congratulations, I guess. 

Honestly I don’t know how much more I can hang. They do intentional bad things and want me to support and watch and applauud. Why? 

Where is my regional pride? Really? Not over a wreck of a football team masquerading as mine. Nothing about it is mine anymore 

I hate what they have done to my favorite team and to my favorite league in my favorite sport. I fuging hate it. It is less entertaining to me than ever. 

It is very difficult to have good feelings about the Panthers and really the NFL in general. I don’t like the direction they have gone at all with the globalization efforts and watering down the game with their rules designed to make it ‘watch’ like flag football track meet stuff. 

This really is no fun at all anymore, I am mostly hanging to get some laughs from the people who irritated me greatly fawning over midget boy and his adequate arm, when they finally accept their folly. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

48 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The vibe of having a future of watchable football vs endless open Sundays? Yeah there would still be a plethora of issues with the team but at least the football would be watchable. 

Yep. Basically Cam's rookie year again. Don't get me wrong, we wouldn't be a good team. But we'd be competing week in and week out and we could all see that we have that dude at QB and we'd be hopeful as hell for the future. Basically where the Texans are right now.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. Basically Cam's rookie year again. Don't get me wrong, we wouldn't be a good team. But we'd be competing week in and week out and we could all see that we have that dude at QB and we'd be hopeful as hell for the future. Basically where the Texans are right now.

There is zero hope from me anymore. There is no reason for me to even pretend. I'm just here to laugh and watch poo burn. That's all the Panthers have to give anymore. Maybe in a few years they can go back to being watchable but that is in no way guaranteed with their current trajectory, dead set on making new mistakes to fix the last big mistakes. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Making a simple observation about a player we could have drafted doesn’t mean we want to cheer for a new team. Some of you get in your feelings way too easily. 

His name is Kyle. How perfect is that? 😂

Blaming the fanbase for being frustrated about repeated errors leading to six straight losing seasons somehow finding a way to get worse every year and mocking our joke of an organization instead of directing their ire where it belongs - at this joke of an organization. What a Kyle thing to do.