• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football Week 11

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

I completely agree…but I was hearing late firsts or seconds for him.  Naw.  It really doesn’t bother me paying him.  He is our best player by far right now.

These guys can’t draft either.  Keep him

Late firsts? That was only from the people trying to act like it wasn’t enough. The Rams current pick is 7. Had we decided to rebuild (could have had pick 15 in this past draft for Moore) and wait on a QB until we had some talent there we’d have Corral leading us to pick 1 and pick 7 for Burns. That 2023 2nd we had in our hands for Burns could have been a solid TE at 36 or a small trade up. The 2025 Rams pick is also likely a top 10 pick IMHO. Adding in the $30M a year in cap space for FAs and we could have been set to actually plug in a QB.

Also, pick 7 in a mock on Tankathon is in the middle of 3 OTs, 3 edge rushers and Brock Bowers. Pick 7 could have been a legit LT to move Iky or a Burns replacement. Oh well, I guess it’s better to be 1-8 with little hope than a much more talented team with a bright future.

Edited by WhoKnows
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It didn't make any sense. But the really dumb part of it was blowing a timeout for it. When the play clock was running down, just take your delay and kick the XP. Don't double down on doing dumb stuff.

As a Clemson fan due to my son, I was laughing. My youngest and I watched the game and it made no sense at all. The only benefit was that if Clemson scored a TD you are technically two 8 point TDs away from tying. The problem is that if Clemson scored another TD the game’s over because Clemson would take a ton of time off the clock to score a TD. The timeout was just even more idiotic because then you couldn’t stop Clemson on 3 and out without losing a bunch of time.

I feel like I’ve seen that going for two way too early a bunch lately and almost every time it didn’t work and it just put the team behind more.

If that ends up being Caleb’s last college game, he’ll still go top-5 overall if he declares, but that caps off such a disappointing season for the guy. 

He’s got damn good skills but man, what a dud this year was for that whole program. His attitude blows too, very entitled guy who can easily get framed as a “villain”

Here comes the first showdown between Coach Prime and Colorado.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/11/23/colorado-deion-sanders-says-warren-sapp-will-join-coaching-staff

There is NO WAY Colorado is going to quietly go along with this given Sapp's complicated legal/employment background of sexual harassment, assault, domestic violence, soliciting prostitutes, etc. That's gonna be a very tough sell in Boulder.