• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The boss at practice today with eyes on the OL

ncfan

32 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why the fug is she there?  And where are the posters that were calling me a misogynist for questioning her involvement?

I think I was one of the people calling you out. I don’t think your reaction would have been as strong if the owner was a woman and her husband attended practice. But maybe I’m wrong about you. 

If I owned this poo show, I probably would have joined the brain trust (using that extremely loosely in this case) to watch practice and ask questions. I don’t think having her there has any impact whatsoever. But again, that’s just my opinion. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why the fug is she there?  And where are the posters that were calling me a misogynist for questioning her involvement?

This is too bad. She, or anyone married to Tepper has every right to accompany him on his daily rounds. To be involved jointly in endeavors. Etc. And vice versa if she owned the team. Which I guess she partly might.

Women can be very smart of course and she may be the smartest EVER but at the same time we don’t really feel like she should be a go to in personnel matters. And we are justified in feeling that way. 

It’s like cross examining witnesses though, by involving herself in this at the level she is doing, she has opened the criticism door so it is fair game. 

I'd rather stick with the power running scheme until we can trade the o-linemen who don't fit and replace them in the draft and free agency. Why immediately switch running schemes with no way of replacing the o-line so quickly without a fire sale and scrambling? Why immediately switch to a 3-4 when you can stick with the 4-3 until when have the right pieces in place next season? 

Of course we can stitch to the schemes that the new coaching staff wants to run, but did it have to be right out of the fugging gate? It didn't work. It's not working now, it's not going to work for the rest of the season. Why not just switch back to power running? The guys already know how to do it, and the play calling has been F- so far, so it's not like the new plays would be worse.

Fitt has been my nightmare for some time now, but a lot of our more recent troubles this season can be pinned on the coaching staff. Our OC will certainly be fired soon, and our plan going into this season was nothing short of idiotic. Move away from power running, pass a lot more, let the rookie QB make unlimited audibles at the line and throw a million short passes, and pass the offense over to a glorified RBs coach after the bye week. If you knew that was the plan going into this season, what would you have said would happen?

• Beer 1