• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The elephant in the zone

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, BrianS said:

I do think there's a reason we won't switch, and it's our QB.  He can't run that scheme.

I doubt that is the issue. I rather doubt it because it isn't like we are running a scheme that is taking advantage of his abilities. 

It appears more that our coaching staff on the offensive side just has no idea how to do anything other than what they are doing. Or is unwilling. Same difference.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Amazing we have all these touted coach whisperers on the staff yet we cant find our azzhole with a funnel....

No player on this offense has made themselves look as bad as this offensive staff has made themselves look.

I am not on team "Fire the coach every year" but I just don't see how you bring this staff and HC back. They aren't compatible with the team we have. So do you completely replace the team over the next few years to hope they are the coaching staff we need? Or maybe do you go and find a coaching staff that is willing and able to do what it takes with the pieces we have and make them successful.

This wasn't a chicken salad sandwiches out of chicken salad project. It was making chicken salad out of chicken poo.

• Pie 1

IDK what goes on in house but there is no way that some coaches do not see this. No adjustments and a clear direction that isn't working yet not even a hint of changing either other than cutting an OG. I would love to know who is in on the oline decision.

Edited by Waldo

4 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Based on his play earlier this year, the only blocking scheme Chandler Zavala is suited for involves legos.

Well supposedly he fits the mold of almost everyone on our OL minus maybe Moton and Corbett. Better suited to more aggressive running based attack that keeps them out of shotgun pass sets 80% of the game.

If we had that plan, I have no idea why Bozeman, Ikey, Zavala, Mays or most the the rest of these guys are here. They literally do not fit that plan. 

You know I trashed Ben McAdoo before last season and during most of it. He is leaps and bounds a better OC than what we have now.

• Pie 2

We do gap runs and zone runs. The problem is that we have no passing game, so the oppositions knows to focus on stopping the run. It's irrelevant how many short passes Young completes because he'll never complete enough to win the game. Until that changes we're not going to light it up in the running game. Wilks' team ran it well because we played a series of teams that we're god awful against the run and our o-line outweighed their d-line to the point where it was a silly mismatch.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It isn't rare that coaches cannot get past their own ideas/vision for their teams. I have seen HOF coaches do it, mediocre coaches do it and it's a hallmark of bad coaches.

John Fox stubbornly sticking with the "left-right corner" scheme when Larry Fitzgerald was lining up all over the place and killing us...

• Beer 1