• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I don’t know why they haven’t moved him (Ickey) to guard yet”

ncfan

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

Can he though?

I know he run blocked better in a power run scheme.  But even in Wilks power run scheme.  They always had a TE over helping him in pass pro.

Also.  I’m not sure how much a scheme change effect him jumping or holding people.  He’s currently 3rd in the entire NFL regardless of position in Penalties this season.

Yes he can. Hell PFF had him as the highest rated player on the O last game right? (for whatever that is worth). He looked solid at the end of last year and was progressing. That is a crap take and you should know it. He is a 2nd year player left alone is a crap blocking scheme holds people? Young should tip him for that help. 

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Yes he can. Hell PFF had him as the highest rated player on the O last game right? (for whatever that is worth). He looked solid at the end of last year and was progressing. That is a crap take and you should know it. He is a 2nd year player left alone is a crap blocking scheme holds people? Young should tip him for that help. 

So saying a player looked good in the Wilks scheme last year when they decided to slide a TE over to his side to help pass protect is a crap take.

My Word.  What has this place come to.

11 minutes ago, ncfan said:

So saying a player looked good in the Wilks scheme last year when they decided to slide a TE over to his side to help pass protect is a crap take.

My Word.  What has this place come to.

He progressed under Rhule’s scheme too. So Rhule, Wilks, and now is starting to in a completely different one in Reich’s.  I wouldn’t write him off yet.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Dorian Gray said:

Giants fans seem really disappointed in Evan Neal (and he’s even taken shots at them in interviews) so at least we avoided that I guess. Cross, who went behind both Neal and Icky, may end up being the best of the group.

Cross is great for being what he is tasked to do in pass protect, I think he would have looked terrible here during the end of 2022.

Fixing the oline. 

- Sign Jonah Williams in FA. 

- Move Ikem to LG or RG 

-  Figure out if Campen is that guy. 

-  Scheme re work. Zone is not it. 

-  Play BC as extra lineman. 

I miss the Arbys package. More beef please. 

Why the actual fug we had Throckmorton or Zavala out there other than injuries I will never know. 

I have not given up hope on Zavala, Ikem or Bozeman.  But scheme change is obviously not helping. 

LT- Williams RT- Moton OC- Boze then guards could be some combo between Ikem,Corbett and BC.  Then like we did last year put the odd man out in there for extra protection or extra run blocking.  I would pass on the extra TE or extra WR to put more guys in the trenches. I've seen other teams run the extra linemen package with success. Also every year it seems we all call for two Tight end sets and it never happens. Passing down extra TE, running play extra OL and switch it up so it's not a tell. But what do I know?  Other than what we doing now is NOT working. 

The blocking scheme installed by Frank is, frankly, not fit for our personnel.  Honestly, it's really not 100% fit as a unit.  Our center and tackles are power blockers, while our guards are lighter.  This would work well if we used misdirection and pulls from the guard position.  The current offense is expecting these guys to create wide gaps and move laterally when it was shown that as a group they are best working to keep tight and push forward.

My gut tells me that IF the person in charge of the offense, Frank, could assess a team over their own personal preference we would be in a better position to do ANYTHING on offense.  Brown likely never got an opportunity to run an offense he would have designed.  Frank's concepts are vastly different from the McVay offense.  If Tepper truly wanted to make a move, I would promote Evero to HC.  Allow him to pick who he wants to keep from the offensive staff, and let him allow TB to do what he wants to do to end the season.  I really don't think the offense is truly "collaborative"

I literally watched the condensed highlights from both the Seattle and Miami games.  Those were the only games where we truly scored more than 20 points.  (That's sad)   Against Miami, we ran the ball.  Our line pushed the Miami defense 1st half) straight ahead or to a direction using down blocking.  In the second half we abandoned the run.  Against Seattle, we just passed to run.  That has been our MO every freaking game after halftime.  Every team knows it.  We are in a deep shotgun on nearly every play which basically eliminates any question between running the ball or passing the ball for the second level of opponents defenses.

9 games, and we have not scored more than three offensive touchdowns in a single game.  My mistake, we got a garbage TD at the end against Seattle to score three in one game.  This is flat out pitiful.   The offense is  more disjointed than full of bad personnel.   Here are some numbers: 

• 67% pass to 32% run ratio
  • 86% of 1st downs are in "11" formation
  • 64% are 1st downs are out of shotgun
  • Our average target depth is 6.7 yards (tied for second lowest in the league)
  • 212 rushing attempts (4th lowest in the league)
  • 813 Rush yards for the season.  3rd lowest in the league
  • 349 pass attempts (6th highest in the league)
  • 1928 pass yards (8th lowest in the league)

Frank ain't it.  Crazy ass Irsay knew it.  I'll be honest, I gave him more credit when hired than I should have.  We truly missed the boat waiting one year too long firing Rhule and missing on Dough Peterson.

FIRE FRANK MONDAY.  Promote Evero if he will take it, and "promise" him the job for the rest of Frank's contract.  Let Evero help pick his GM, then hire a head of football operations to oversee both of them.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, frankw said:

It was tongue in cheek based on his own remarks about Bryce Young criticism.

He's consistently dogged on Icky while wailing about any Bryce Young criticism.

I'm sure he can speak for himself but I appreciate you trying to mediate that's very kind of you.

I mean, you conveniently ignore when Ickey plays like ass but you'll camp out in my mentions when Bryce throws an incompletion. How's that make you any better?

• Pie 1