• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick 6 was 100% on Mingo

thebdawg

52 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes, Mingo sucks. But Bryce threw a ball that got picked because he threw a dead duck.

I just wanted to talk about Mingo sucking. I can’t stand to watch him run bad routes. Did the throw have great velocity? Hell no. My point is with average receiver play that is an incompletion or a 5 yard gain. With Mingo it is literally a touchdown for the other team.

Even if the ball was under thrown, you can not just let the door wide open for the defender. That’s what drifting upfield (2) entire yards is doing. Then stand there and watch and he takes it back. It’s elementary stuff. The post isn’t about Bryce it’s about Mingo turning an ordinary play into 7 points for the Dallas cowboys. 

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

You don't think DBs can get in front of a WR who is shielded? Especially when they know the ball is coming their way? They're pros too.

It would require a lot more effort to get the ball and is certainly not going to be a touchdown going the other way, which is my main point here. 

6 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

I just wanted to talk about Mingo sucking. I can’t stand to watch him run bad routes. Did the throw have great velocity? Hell no. My point is with average receiver play that is an incompletion or a 5 yard gain. With Mingo it is literally a touchdown for the other team.

Even if the ball was under thrown, you can not just let the door wide open for the defender. That’s what drifting upfield (2) entire yards is doing. Then stand there and watch and he takes it back. It’s elementary stuff. The post isn’t about Bryce it’s about Mingo turning an ordinary play into 7 points for the Dallas cowboys. 

With a better route the best case is a broken up pass. Decent chance it still gets picked. The DB is just reading Bryce's eyes and playing the ball. 

Just now, mc52beast said:

We can all agree that Tremble was a much better choice, yes Bryce missed him. Can we also agree that freakin Mingo should’ve ran a correct route and there would be no interception? It’s really not that hard to do both.

Yes.

Although, I think the Tremble point is really not relevant. Bryce is playing with a short clock when he's in the pocket. He doesn't trust his protection. And all QBs miss a more-open-guy to throw to another open guy. Dak did it all game. Stroud did it today. Tom Brady did it. That's football. Every pass play has a progression. If #1 is open, you never make it to #2 or #3. 

Bryce needed to put it where only his receiver could get it. Mingo needed to run a better route and make a better play on the ball. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

With a better route the best case is a broken up pass. Decent chance it still gets picked. The DB is just reading Bryce's eyes and playing the ball. 

Alright big guy I’m done explaining the nuance of route running to you. The crossing route probably hadn’t been invented when (if?) you played football. So I’ll give you a break. There are basics of running the route that prevent the disaster we saw today.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

Alright big guy I’m done explaining the nuance of route running to you. The crossing route probably hadn’t been invented when (if?) you played football. So I’ll give you a break. There are basics of running the route that prevent the disaster we saw today.

You're missing the point. You're not explaining anything other than that you're desperate to find someone to  blame other than Bryce. You've already admitted it wasn't a good read. You've already admitted it wasn't a great throw. You've already admitted that the throw lacked the necessary velocity. Yet you still want to put all the blame on a receiver drifting one yard down the field while a DB stared at Bryce staring at Mingo and was able to undercut the route. 

The pick six was primarily on Bryce. But keep coping. The play having a negative outcome was 100% on Bryce.