• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce showed nothing today

Martin

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

present day, I'm not sure the Vikings have better overall skill talent.   I'd say we are on par from a skill talent level. 

but it took injury to make it close.  but the Vikings are playing pretty good football. 

Gotta disagree -- let's say Addison is below Thielin, I don't buy it but sure. Hockenson is the 3rd best TE in football to me. At worst 4th if you still rank Kittle High.

Overall not a bad answer though. At least you answered. The only one I thought of that was close was NE. But I think Kendrick Bourne would be the number 1 here and I like Hunter Henry more than Hurst. 

3 minutes ago, emhoward said:

Gotta disagree -- let's say Addison is below Thielin, I don't buy it but sure. Hockenson is the 3rd best TE in football to me. At worst 4th if you still rank Kittle High.

Overall not a bad answer though. At least you answered. The only one I thought of that was close was NE. But I think Kendrick Bourne would be the number 1 here and I like Hunter Henry more than Hurst. 

we have a much better backfield.    I was making Theilen and Hockenson the push.  Got to get creative. Then giving the rest of the receiving edge to the Vikings.   Which comes out to the overall push. 

I mean, it's the closest I can get to making an argument for a team.   

edit - oh, yeah, good call on NE.  That might be the one to argue. 

9 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

They absolutely have to draft a QB in the second round if one falls

Yeah there’s the argument of build the team first but they can’t draft anyways so might as well keep swinging for QB’s. It’s also worth a shot due to what looks like a very weak QB class in 2025. 

Williams, Maye, Nix, jayden Daniels, spencer rattler. One of those elite prospects will be around when panthers get their first pick excluding Williams and Maye of course.

31 minutes ago, IndyPanther said:

I don't think you're finding anyone in the league who takes Robert Woods and Nico Collins over Adam Thielen and DJ Chark coming into the season.

Not sure I agree, but it's certainly a resonable take.  I suppose your argument would continue that Tank Dell's success is due to CJ Stroud and that if Mingo were in Houston he would be putting up similar numbers as Tank is now? Doubtful, but okay.

Not sure what you do with TE. Schultz, prior to CJ Stroud, had 3 years better than Hayden Hursts best year. He's just notably better than Hurst. 

23 minutes ago, emhoward said:

Not sure I agree, but it's certainly a resonable take.  I suppose your argument would continue that Tank Dell's success is due to CJ Stroud and that if Mingo were in Houston he would be putting up similar numbers as Tank is now? Doubtful, but okay.

Not sure what you do with TE. Schultz, prior to CJ Stroud, had 3 years better than Hayden Hursts best year. He's just notably better than Hurst. 

With how difficult it is to separate WR from QB in terms of production, I think you pretty much have to go on draft position for the two rookies. Mingo was a second round pick and Dell was a third so I think you have to give it to Mingo coming into the season.

I'll give you TE but it's not as if it's a landslide. All in all, I think coming into the season, they were relatively similar in talent across the board. If anything, Houston was seen as the death pit no one wanted to go to, so it's mind-boggling to see Bryce defenders (including the Panthers management) try to put Stroud's success on environment.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, IndyPanther said:

With how difficult it is to separate WR from QB in terms of production, I think you pretty much have to go on draft position for the two rookies. Mingo was a second round pick and Dell was a third so I think you have to give it to Mingo coming into the season.

I'll give you TE but it's not as if it's a landslide. All in all, I think coming into the season, they were relatively similar in talent across the board. If anything, Houston was seen as the death pit no one wanted to go to, so it's mind-boggling to see Bryce defenders (including the Panthers management) try to put Stroud's success on environment.

Yeah I think they have better weapons than us, but they are still bottom of the league. C.J. is the key there. He makes playing QB look easy.

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

That’s why I keep saying I’d draft a QB this year if one falls like Levis did 

The 2025 class is ass.

There is always option C. Pray the Manning family lets us draft Arch in 2026

Yet get I called the 'every year' guy for some reason even though I wanted to punt this draft and want no part of the 2025 QB class.  I honed in on this 2024 class and while we royally screwed the pooch on that, it's possible to get a decent guy in the 2nd or 3rd round.  Will we?  Not a snowball's chance in Hades.  That's because we double down on stupid and never admit mistakes until it's too late.

Edited by 45catfan