• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Unofficial GM/HC candidate list

methodtoll

It's kinda hard to say where we are.

Albert Breer reportedly believes both Reich and Fitterer get fired together or (more likely, in his opinion) get another year.

Dianna Russini has been talking almost exclusively about the coaching staff being in danger. She talks about leadership using collective terms, as if Tepper and the front office are functioning as one, and judging Reich harshly.

Kate and Person both seem to be in "anything can happen" mode. They seem more open to the idea of a "clean sweep" than Russini appears at the moment.

Predicting Tepper is a tricky business, I guess.

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My ideal candidates...

GM: someone Tepper leaves the fug alone

HC: someone else that Tepper leaves the fug alone

As long as Tepper insists on heavy involvement and micromanagement we're doomed.

This. Tepper likes “yes” men and people like Tepper never change. This franchise is screwed until he’s gone.

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

its better long term for this franchise to ride it back one more year with everybody so we can do an absolute clean break in 2025.  Forcing a gm or coach to roll with young as qb is going to turn off a lot of folks for both positions. 

Okay then you have Fitterer doing the acquiring and divesting for another Year. 

• 3 weeks later...

A dark horse candidate may be Brian Schottenheimer, OC of the Cowboys.... Dan Quinn is getting a lot interest but Schottenheimer has been putting together a solid offense. He would be be one of the "older" candidates out there but has tons of experience. Plus, how cool would it be for him to follow in his dad's footsteps?

On 11/27/2023 at 12:39 PM, lightsout said:

On 12/11/2023 at 11:49 PM, bandu said:

yeah I believe Kansas City Chiefs assistant GM Mike Borgonzi has a really good eye for evaluating talent & that's  also what the Kansas City Chiefs thought whenever they first  hired him 10 years ago as their College Scouting Administrator.

This is who I think will be the lead candidate if Scott is fired, Mike actually interviewed twice with Carolina so they liked him during the post Marty process.

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

This is who I think will be the lead candidate if Scott is fired, Mike actually interviewed twice with Carolina so they liked him during the post Marty 

.Mike Borgonzi supervises the college scouting department for K.C. in 2022 the Kansas City Chiefs had 8 rookies that played in the Superbowl.Peter Schrager says & considers him to be the Kansas City Chiefs secret weapon as he has played a major role in advising Veach & assembling a roster through the draft & via free agency that has been to the Superbowl 3 times in the past 4 winning two of them.... 

11 hours ago, bandu said:

.Mike Borgonzi supervises the college scouting department for K.C. in 2022 the Kansas City Chiefs had 8 rookies that played in the Superbowl.Peter Schrager says & considers him to be the Kansas City Chiefs secret weapon as he has played a major role in advising Veach & assembling a roster through the draft & via free agency that has been to the Superbowl 3 times in the past 4 winning two of them.... 

We interviewed him last GM cycle.  He may already know he wants to stay away from Tepper.

12 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

This is who I think will be the lead candidate if Scott is fired, Mike actually interviewed twice with Carolina so they liked him during the post Marty process.

Ah didn't see you mention it already -- but yep.  I wonder if Tepper thought just didn't pair well with Rhule, he backed out, or we just liked Fitt over him.  

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Prior interview experience probably crosses Ed Dodd's off the list too.

Makes you wonder, if Tepp just fired Rivera and Hurney at the same time, wonder what type of coach could've been had.  They could've hired someone like Borgonzi first and found a dude to pair with him.  Oh to rewrite history...