• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horn and Henderson Doubtful Sunday

ncfan

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's doubtful I'm gonna watch. I think I've had enough this year.

I play in a money league and I watch games based on that at this point.  I’m playing the Titans D (intentionally pick up who we play at this point) and I’m going to gamble on big arm Levis chucking it to Nuk in my flex

Plus this should be a game changer week if we lose.  You can’t lose to the Bagent Bears and Levis Titans in a 3 week span given how this has gone and nothing happen. 

57 minutes ago, CRA said:

That’s also Geno and Jimmy G

Surtain - Mahomes 2x every year, Herbert 2x every year, Allen, Burrow, Lawerence, Dak, Hurts, Tua, etc,  and those elite QBs are throwing to elite weapons.  That’s what has made his job significantly tougher.   

Horn suited up against a grand total of 1 elite QB for a full game and it was over in the first quarter with them not even having to try to throw because Joe Mixon had the best game of his career and a field day.   Horn flat out hasn’t had to defend elite QB play like Surtain.  Maybe he is better.  Who knows.  He is good when he has played.   Surtain’s competition has just been different and much tougher. 

I mean, Jaycee Horn could shutdown a prime Megatron to 0 yards if I was QB.  QB play is relevant to the convo and Horn hasn’t seen it. 

That's somewhat of a different discussion. It's at least a nuance. I will concede that QB play makes a difference. How much? I don't know. I mean, regardless of who the pass is coming from and you stop it, you still stopped it. That being said, who's better is at least arguable.

39 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yep. I wanted Slater, Fields or Surtain over Horn. I love Jaycee but it was a mistake to have drafted him. I guess not as big of a mistake as Fields. 

I flat out thought we'd pick Fields with an off chance of it being Slater. But I thought Fields was it, even though we had heard rumors of Horn. It should've been Fields though. I'll die on that hill, even though Fields has been up and down.  I think that he's displayed enough upside to land rightful criticism upon Fitt and company. 

13 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I flat out thought we'd pick Fields with an off chance of it being Slater. But I thought Fields was it, even though we had heard rumors of Horn. It should've been Fields though. I'll die on that hill, even though Fields has been up and down.  I think that he's displayed enough upside to land rightful criticism upon Fitt and company. 

Oh, Fields clearly should've been the pick. It would've probably turned out the same as it has in Chicago but the talent was very obvious.

I hope Chicago moves on from him. I'm ready to find out if a different situation can resurrect his career. It just ain't happening in Chicago. Time for them to ruin another one. Please don't let it be Drake Maye. Ruining QBs is just what the Bears do.

39 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Time table wise, if Fields flopped here….we could at look the 2024 QBs.  

and just think of all the assets between that draft year to today we lost for a QB.   Fields fell in our lap.  That’s why you take him given what we were.  It was the smart front office play. 

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

I think Fields has definitely shown himself to be a bust with little NFL future but there is at least something to be said for dying on the hill of gambling on a QB.

Taking a player in a position that was far from a need and arguably not even the best CB at the time was just foolish. 

Not that any of us could have figured why Horn would end up being a bust. Such a sad scenario all around.

• Flames 1

22 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, Fields clearly should've been the pick. It would've probably turned out the same as it has in Chicago but the talent was very obvious.

I hope Chicago moves on from him. I'm ready to find out if a different situation can resurrect his career. It just ain't happening in Chicago. Time for them to ruin another one. Please don't let it be Drake Maye. Ruining QBs is just what the Bears do.

I don't understand your love affair with Fields...

The pick should have been Miccah Parsons 

5 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

I don't understand your love affair with Fields...

The pick should have been Miccah Parsons 

Love affair? Hell, I'm saying Chicago should move on from him. Hardly a love affair. 😂

He has a high level of talent. That's obvious. He just hasn't been at all consistent. As a fan of football, I'm curious to see if a change of scenery can fix that.

• Pie 1