• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We need a goalie.

Panthers Fan 69

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

The way this season started and after last night's debacle, if this were many other teams in the league, RBA might be out of a job.

I'd really like to know what went on during the 3rd period that RBA thought it was a good idea to leave Raanta.

Maybe RBA was sending a message to the entire squad. Maybe he thought it better to let them get embarrassed than to intervene.

Paul Coffey might be a good choice.

I mean i don't know how it would be a message to the squad with even bare minimum average goalie play that's a 2-2 or 2-3 hockey game raanta was letting in everything..... no way in hell you should give up 8 on 14 shots..... the defense did their job they limited Tampas shots and only two of those pp goals were "high danger" it all seriousness I'm pretty sure I could have stopped more than auntie did last night.

5 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

The way this season started and after last night's debacle, if this were many other teams in the league, RBA might be out of a job.

I'd really like to know what went on during the 3rd period that RBA thought it was a good idea to leave Raanta.

Maybe RBA was sending a message to the entire squad. Maybe he thought it better to let them get embarrassed than to intervene.

Paul Coffey might be a good choice.

The only way that Rod is getting fired is the complete and utter collapse of the team.

I don't know why people say this poo year after year. Rod is not going anywhere nor should he.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

On 11/24/2023 at 10:22 PM, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Raanta is toast. Freddie is in the mend. Koochie still isn’t ready. 

Mark my words…we don’t trade for a goalie we aren’t making the playoffs. Much less contend for a cup. 

I have to agree that we need a goalie.

On 11/25/2023 at 12:23 PM, Panthers Fan 69 said:

The canes were at their best when the SAT line was a thing. Plus I call BS to. That Vegas OT game two years again, AHO To Svech for the game winner was beautiful. Also, Svech stuck up for aho on the ice against the rangers this year. Sometimes the players are just better in game Vs practice. Remember x-clown with Smitty?  

I’m just throwing this out there. We scored with Aho and Svech at the end of the game 

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, KillerKat said:

The organization acts as if this problem suddenly snuck up on them when we all knew about it all offseason. Anderson and Raanta were on borrowed time. Their time has just come up and PK isnt the answer.

Totally agree, they rolled the dice on the goalie situation and got craps, with all the talent and depth on this team and with the style they play can you imagine what a powerhouse we would be with an elite goalie? We are screwed now, we can't just trade for another average stiff, only hope is to stay in the playoff hunt and score a big name goalie at the deadline.

• Pie 2