• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT on Reich's status, Tepper's ownership

Mr. Scot

29 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I will say we are as dysfunctional as it gets, but the Texans are proof positive that just because they fired a coach after 1 year it doesn't mean you cant find a good coach.  Lets just look at recent history of coaches fired after 1 season and their replacements

Houston 2021-David Culley --> 2022 Lovie Smith --> Demeco ryans 

Denver broncos 2022 - Hackett --> Sean Payton

Jaguars 2021 - Urban Meyer --> Doug Pederson

Browns 2019 - Freddie Kitchens  --> Kevin Stefanski

Cardinals 2018 - Steve Wilks --> Kliff Kingsbury

49ers 2015 - Tomsula --> 2016 Chip Kelly --> Kyle Shanahan

Browns 2013 - Rob Chudzinkski --> Mike Pettine

Jaguars 2012 - Mike Mularkey --> Gus Bradley

Raiders 2011 - Hue Jackson --> Dennis Allen

I made sure to keep the the stinkers too, but if you look at that list, there's some incredibly good coaches that we would be lucky to have, and all went to "dumpster fire organizations" who had just fired a coach after 1 year.  If we have trouble attracting a coach its because of an overly demanding and meddling owner, not because we fired a coach after 1 season and even then, if Jim Irsay can attract a coach with him being insane, and the Texans being able to attract a coach while the owner has said racist poo, Im pretty sure Tepper can find a way to attract a coach.

The majority of those good coaches also went to dumpster fire franchises. Some with serious ownership questions.

• Pie 3

10 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Tepper is the single biggest issue with the team and I'm not sure he'll ever see it that way

I remember when one of the talking heads (might have been Florio, could have been Cowherd) said that Tepper was a cheat code as an owner as he was so rich he could buy the best of everything.

Then he backed out of the Rock Hill deal and showed his true colours. 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:
If he fires Reich, no one will want that job. Unless he makes them a financial offer that no coach in his right mind could refuse, even if at that point no coach in his right mind should want to work for Tepper.

Been saying this for a few weeks. We are, and should be stuck with Frank next year. We can't fire a first year head coach the year after firing the last coach mid-season and hope to attract any kind of head coaching candidate except for one that is looking to make a fat payday off Tepper on his way to retirement. 

We simply have to give Frank a chance, not because he's the right choice but it's the only hope we have that our next HC won't be another setback. 

9 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Been saying this for a few weeks. We are, and should be stuck with Frank next year. We can't fire a first year head coach the year after firing the last coach mid-season and hope to attract any kind of head coaching candidate except for one that is looking to make a fat payday off Tepper on his way to retirement. 

We simply have to give Frank a chance, not because he's the right choice but it's the only hope we have that our next HC won't be another setback. 

I'd agree, though I do have some legitimate beefs with some of his decisions.

This, for example...

I didn't know Blackshear was the leaves leading kick returner, but that info just makes this decision look worse than I felt it already was.

Edited by Mr. Scot

7 hours ago, Captroop said:

Are you also keeping Fitterer and letting him dig the team a deeper hole for another year? All because of optics?

5 minutes ago, Martin said:

The “nobody would like to come here if Frank is fired” is bs. Everyone will see that this year was a complete disaster and think to themselves that could do much better than that.

but you are limiting the candidates because there are folks out there not wanting to hitch their career to a 5'10 qb with a poo arm.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

but you are limiting the candidates because there are folks out there not wanting to hitch their career to a 5'10 qb with a poo arm.

That I agree with. But I don’t think the firing of Frank matter. In a perfect world it is a clean slate with a new GM and HC and they are not mandated to start Young unless they want to. Forcing Young as the starting QB will have an impact.