• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

sonburst4

51 minutes ago, thennek said:

The question is why is there no talent and who has been building the roster the past 3-4 years….too many traded picks to find a QB and too many bad trade ups. Frank inherited this mess. 

We have the fewest draft selections over the past 3-4 years. All that goes back to these bad trades.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We need to start thinking about QB options seriously.

Can we get Justin Fields for a 3rd Rd pick?

Our next HC and GM are not tied to Bryce noodle arm Young.

The next HC and GM might not be tied to him but the guy who signs the checks might be. He could be seeing the staff as the problem and not Young.

While I believe that we need to continue to evaluate the QB position our entire offensive scheme is just terrible.  From play calling, to blocking schemes, to WRs that can't get separation and if they do they drop it.  Young should take the blame for some of it, but Reich's offense is absolutely terrible.  It's hard to tell whether Young would thrive in a real offense or he is just insanely overrated.  It would suck if we traded him, and he did well under a good creative offensive mind. 

I would also add the locker room is gone.  It almost feels like no one is fighting for each other.  Though we were pretty bad last year at least Wilks had the locker room and the players were giving 100% and actually won a couple of game.  I just don't see that type of effort with this team.

12 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We need to start thinking about QB options seriously.

Can we get Justin Fields for a 3rd Rd pick?

Our next HC and GM are not tied to Bryce noodle arm Young.

You do know that any QB in this situation on a bad team would struggle, don't you? 

• In his rookie season, John Elway completed 47.5% of his passes, 7 TDs in 10 games vs. 14 interceptions.
  • In his rookie season, Terry Bradshaw completed 38% of his passes 6 TDs in 8 games vs 24 interceptions--that is three picks per game.
  • In his first 19 games in the NFL--after a stint in the USFL, Steve Young completed 53% of his passes with 11 TDs and 21 Interceptions.
  • In his rookie season as a starter in Indy, Peyton Manning completed 56% of his passes and threw 28 interceptions.

What do these men have in common besides yellow jackets?   They were all drafted by bad teams.  Their fans called them busts. 

When Bryce has time, he can make plays.  Our personnel around him is terrible.  Period.  They make stupid mistakes, unforced errors, that puts them in bad situations.  Fitterer is the problem.

Taking Corral over Howell--STOOOPID.

Taking Horn over Surtain--STOOPID.

Letting Foreman walk and paying out the arse for Sanders?  Sanders was good in Philly, behind the best OL and offense in football--hell, I would have run for 500 yards there. STOOPID.

We have not had Young long enough--on the team or in a clean pocket--to decide to discard him. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

12 hours ago, Pantha-kun said:

Its past time for some firings. Nothing is changing and we're 1-10 after what we thought was the worst coach in our history winning 5 games each of his two full seasons. There's no reason this team should be this much worse than the last couple Rhule seasons. Then what was the point of getting rid of him if we were just going to be a worse team? 

We could have easily kept CMC, DJ, Darnold, PJ, Wilks, drafted Jalen Carter, and at the very least have been somewhere near a .500 team. And we couldve saved all those god damn draft picks

Sounds like a dream roster compared to Bryce the checkdown master throwing jump balls to guys that are already in the process of getting tackled 

I was watching the Barry Sanders doc and I'm pretty sure it looks like Reich handed the ball off to Sanders in his last game where he said f this I'm done lol. Whoever sold Tepp on getting a couple backup qb's and a couple senior citizens as our coaching staff...I dunno. Is that like between Tepper and Fitt? Still confused about who thought it was a good idea to hire a coach that just got fired, who also admitted this is his last job because he's basically out of juice

Here's some changes I would suggest, as a moron with a keyboard:

1. Find a President of Football Operations - someone who can manage the sports side of your investment because you need to keep your billionaire hands off the product.

2. Front office house cleaning.  For whatever it's worth - this FO has failed.  We have continued to regress.  Our talent sucks.  Our drafting has been poo.  Our FA signings aren't working out aside from a few exceptions.  

3. Have your new GM and president evaluate Frank and the rest of the staff.  Talk to them and then figure out if you can improve the players to maximize the coaching.  If not - move in a new direction.  It's Tepper's billions, and he'll pay out the nose to win.  Right?

3a. Find a new HC.  There is a miniscule chance the same staff returns, greater than zero, less than...0.01???  For as vaunted as this staff was labeled, the offensive side has just sucked buttholes.

4. Have a fire sale.  Again, let the new GM determine who is worth keeping and at what positions.  Then they need to trade off whoever doesn't work, or cut them.  Suck it up and deal with the bad cap if necessary.  Try to get back as many draftable assets as you can for guys who don't fit.

5.  Resign Derrick Brown.  Dude is an absolute STUD upfront.  The defense can be built around him.  Does that include Burns?  Luvu?  That's up to the new coaches, but Brown is the best foundation piece for the franchise moving forward.

I don't think you give up on Bryce Young.  I think he needs better coaching.  Maybe a journeyman QB/youtuber wasn't the best choice for a Qb coach, but Young needs competent coaching because he's getting into real bad habits right now.  We need someone to fix that with him.

But that's just me, an idiot with a keyboard.