• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper to speak on Tuesday

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wrong. His specific statement was that Tepper was not the only one who wanted Bryce.

That very statement includes that Tepper wanted Bryce. He just wasn't alone in it. Then you put that together with his confirmation that Tepper did indeed chime in on the decision.

Outside of that, there aren't any more specifics.

You’re literally repeating what I just said.  Re worded it to make yourself feel better?

yes Tepper seemed to like Bryce.  Yes Other did too.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Tepper said he chimed in once the decision was already made.  He clearly wanted Young but Fitt, Brown, and others (probably Caldwell) had already voted him as the choice.  With that said I'm sure Tepper made comments after the Pro Day visits and who knows who that swayed. 

I don't think anybody debates that Fitterer wanted Young. And no, they weren't likely to be alone either.

The person most heavily in contention is Frank Reich (Josh McCown likely second).

And although I'm not generally a fan of judging things by social media, It's pretty hard not to find the fact that Reich's daughter is liking posts saying that he wanted Stroud... interesting.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

You’re literally repeating what I just said.  Re worded it to make yourself feel better?

yes Tepper seemed to like Bryce.  Yes Other did too.

No, I'm actually correcting what you said.

"Tepper wasn't the one who wanted Bryce" would imply that it was somebody else's decision entirely.

"Tepper wasn't the only one who wanted Bryce" says that he did indeed want him, but others did too.

There's a difference.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think it was a majority with Reich not really caring because he wanted Carr.  Maybe Reich preferred Stroud, but he would have been an easy sell to switch to Young.  If say Fitt, Caldwell, and Brown wanted Young with Reich preferring Carr do you think the QB coach in McCown would make too much of a stink about wanting Stroud.  He probably mentioned who he preferred but he was also high on Young as an analyst before he took the QB Coach job.  

Wording matters here.

Suggesting that Reich "didn't want" Bryce isn't really accurate.

The idea that he might have wanted Carr or Stroud more than he wanted Bryce Is likely much more accurate.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wording matters here.

Suggesting that Reich "didn't want" Bryce isn't really accurate.

The idea that he might have wanted Carr or Stroud more than he wanted Bryce Is likely much more accurate.

I think that makes the most sense. 
I didn’t want Bryce, but that didn’t matter.  lol.  

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Tepper said he chimed in once the decision was already made.  He clearly wanted Young but Fitt, Brown, and others (probably Caldwell) had already voted him as the choice.  With that said I'm sure Tepper made comments after the Pro Day visits and who knows who that swayed. 

Can't believe any of the coaching staff, talent evaluators and owner thought bryce could lead us to the promise land.... Anyone in football with any credibility would veto this decision... simple analytics, which dipper is so fond of throwing around, will tell you 5'10" QB's don't make it in the NFL...Flutie was the best...and had mediocre winning seasons.  Nothing is changing folks... hope I'm wrong.  Guess dipper likes Scott massaging his nuts...

Edited by Johnstonny

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Oh sweet

another

”belief” /speculation link

no different than you throwing random crap at the wall.

Ill take what someone says as certain from someone who personally knows someone who was in that decision process who you are even claiming wanted someone else.

but yeh.  I think, or speculate.   Is far more believable 

Even if you agree with Tepper being a bad owner that’s made bad choices, you’ll never get these guys to not think Tepper was making every decision and overriding the poor football people who all made perfect decisions. I mean, Thomas Brown made the whole point guard analogy back in February in Panthers articles and clearly sold it to people, including Tepper so much that a bunch of people in here think Tepper came up with it.

There is no gray in some of these posts, but hey I guess it’s easier to process things if you believe only black and white exist.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Not denying Tepper was involved.  He told you so.

And maybe you should read the last line of that tweet you just posted.

Or maybe not.  Since it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Here I’ll type it out for you

he was  NOT the only voice that wanted Bryce Young at No. 1, like is being recycled.

Like being recycled aka a lot of post on here.

Think of it like this, if you knew you had a boss that was a vindictive control freak that fires people at the drop of a hat and you were scouting qbs and said owner let it be known who he liked the best are you really going to challenge on that or are you going to fall in line?  I think that is where you get the "unanimous" comment.  There is no way that human nature allows everyone in that building all thought young was the best pick and nobody thought stroud or AR was better.  Thats just not how things work.  And by him admitting that its A)a telling about his "process and B) he is admitting the scouting dept fuging sucks ass.

Having all that aside and knowing the things to date that tepper has meddled in one would have to be a fool to think that tepper wasnt having the final say.

Listen to the OG podcast that just came out and Jon Jones lays this out.

• Pie 1

For people complaining about the "firings" and not the "hirings" do you all thing he shouldn't have fired Rivera or Rhule?  Everyone was pretty happy with both firings when they happened.  I guess the only one in question is Reich which I don't think many were interested in keeping around.  There is a HIRING issue without a doubt, but I think most of Tepper's firings have been at the right time.  He needs to get rid of Fitt this offseason to pair his new GM and HC together.