• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Call Your Shot 11/27/23 Edition: Who is the next HC of the Panthers?

Ricky Spanish

40 minutes ago, Memphis said:

How about we let Ejiro cook and become the next Panthers HC and keep Thomas Brown as OC (without having to merge his coaching scheme with Reichs).

Just get a new darn GM that know what he is doing and can keep Tepper out of ball-decisions.

Ejiro has sold me. He's made something out of a defense that has had health problems all year, while having the worst offense in football to boot. 

Thomas Brown, I'm not sure of. If he can make us respectable offensively to finish out, I'm down to bring him back for one more year, just to see. But he's got an uphill battle. On a historically awful offense, the entire staff on that side of the ball is hanging on by a spider's thread 

Edited by lightsout

I'm thinking we go the "hot" OC route for several reasons.

Tried the CEO program builder (Rhule) didn't work.

Tried the experienced HC Route, didn't' work.

Also, for various reasons we have an incentive to make Bryce Young work.

all this points to: Frank Smith, Ben Johnson, Bobby Slowik

My guess is Slowik.

wilks

1 hour ago, heel31ok said:

ego says not a chance...

he might not have a choice.

a shitty roster, suspect qb, zero draft capital, and a meddling owner...why would any of the names being tossed around actually want to come here?

the next head coach is literally hamstrung for the next season or two.

the only thing that can be corrected at this point is the team's attitude and mentality. everyone has seen wilks do it. let him come back and re-establish it, then move on from there.

2 hours ago, Samppson said:

What about Eviro? The success of Ryans down in Houston kind of shows you can be a defensive head coach and still be open to new concepts/aggressive on offense. I guess they may run into the same issue if Slowik is hired elsewhere, having to find a new playcaller etc all the time but I think the job Eviro has done with an injury depleted defense, with an offense sabotaging games is pretty impressive.

heard he turned down interim position.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, demcj said:

he might not have a choice.

a shitty roster, suspect qb, zero draft capital, and a meddling owner...why would any of the names being tossed around actually want to come here?

the next head coach is literally hamstrung for the next season or two.

the only thing that can be corrected at this point is the team's attitude and mentality. everyone has seen wilks do it. let him come back and re-establish it, then move on from there.

Same can be said for Wilks...

Why would he want to come now?

• Pie 1

Dream is Ben Johnson, but he's going to be the #1 candidate on every team's board this offseason, he's literally going to have his pick of jobs that he wants.  No way he decides to hitch his wagon to Bryce and this roster for a few extra million a year from Tepper, not when he's looking at a potential 30 year HC career in which he'll make WAY more money than he will by being overpaid by Tepper to be here for a few years, get fired, and ruin his HC future.

Reality is it's likely to end up being Eric Bienemy, who is pretty much the last person I'd be okay with.

He's interviewed for dozens of openings, never gets an offer because everyone knows his players hate him and nobody likes playing for him.  That's fine when you're an OC with a strong HC that the players will run through a brick wall for, it doesn't work when you're the HC (unless you have decades of history like Belichek), he'd just be the new Josh McDaniels and get fired because the team doesn't play hard for him.

We're not getting an up and comer, they're not risking their HC chances on this roster, which is why it will be someone like Bienemy, someone who's badly wanted to be a HC for years but can't actually get an offer to be one, he has to take what he can get, and this is it.

But for the love of god, please don't let it happen.

We set this franchise back 3-5 years by making the trade for Bryce.  Firing Reich at this point just set us back another 1-2 years further (would have been better off firing him a month into next season).  Hiring Bienemy will only add another year or two onto that total.

We can't start to move forward until we stop moving backwards.

2 hours ago, lightsout said:

Ejiro has sold me. He's made something out of a defense that has had health problems all year, while having the worst offense in football to boot. 

Thomas Brown, I'm not sure of. If he can make us respectable offensively to finish out, I'm down to bring him back for one more year, just to see. But he's got an uphill battle. On a historically awful offense, the entire staff on that side of the ball is hanging on by a spider's thread 

Made something???

We are 30th

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-points-per-game?date=2023-11-27