• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“A lot of people would take this job”

ncfan

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If someone truly believes that then its best to not engage as they are either not being honest with themselves or this is their first season watching football

I think you are choosing to only see his faults and arguing wildly with anyone that does the opposite.

He has faults but he also has strengths and I've pointed them out.     

But sure, just insult; No reason even attempting to have a rational football conversation with some you.

8 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

I think you are choosing to only see his faults and arguing wildly with anyone that does the opposite.

He has faults but he also has strengths and I've pointed them out.     

But sure, just insult; No reason even attempting to have a rational football conversation with some you.

its still funny...I am sure of that.

Edited by heel31ok
  • Poo 1

44 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

What physical limitation has caused problems with Bryce this season? 

MAYBE one interception was due to lack of arm strength.    It's mostly been developing bad decisions from constant pressure that his plagued his season.  He has taken plenty of hits and shown he isn't too frail (but how many more?)

He can throw across the middle of the field when given a little time.

He can scramble for a first when the opening is available.

A good coach can feel confident in solving that before it's turned into permanent David Carr behavior.   He hasn't had a good season but all isn't lost for his future and coaches will want to be here.

Oh idk maybe the fact that he’s to small to operate the passing game from under center. Over 90% of our offense comes out of the shotgun and that was never the case with any of Franks teams in Indy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Eazy-E said:

Oh idk maybe the fact that he’s to small to operate the passing game from under center. Over 90% of our offense comes out of the shotgun and that was never the case with any of Franks teams in Indy.

75% of snaps in the NFL are out of shotgun in the modern NFL.

40 minutes ago, frankw said:

I absolutely will commend him on his toughness.

There is concern about arm strength. I mean we've been talking about his issues with the deep ball going back to his pro day. Back in training camp at fan fest between him Dalton and Corral he was by a significant margin the worst in deep throw drills. We chalked it up to chemistry and new offense.

Beyond that his movements within the pocket and footwork are a big concern. He has become accustomed to habits that help give him time to see the field. Even then when those work to plan he has that odd hop with some of his throws.

I have to be completely honest there were throws yesterday that Levis made that I simply cannot see Bryce Young making. That's what he's going to have to prove at this level.

All we can do from here is wonder how much of the struggles of the OL are contributing.

But if we have to surround him with a stellar supporting cast from top to bottom we lost that trade big time. You make a move like we did for a QB who will elevate their surroundings. I've seen nothing that would qualify.

You have to surround your QB with good players though. EVERY team does it but the Carolina Panthers. What QB has a worse collection of talent than Bryce Young in the NFL? There are college teams that have better talent than we do currently.

40 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Some of the best head coaches of all time weren't the hottest coaching candidates when they got their shot. Only thing that matters is the wins. 

100%.

Often its just about someone getting an opportunity.  There will be plenty of suitors and they wont care about BY or the myriad of other problems.  They will only believe in themselves, their ability to fix it and produce a winner.