• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Brinson rips David Tepper

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Martin said:

There are also other sources saying they were all aligned around Young. But water under the bridge at this point. What matters is what we do moving forward.

Most of the sources saying that are quoting what the team has said, which is pretty much what you'd expect the team to say.

I'm generally willing to believe what someone says unless there's reason or evidence to doubt it. In this case, there's plenty of that.

Edited by Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

TEPPER HIRED THE MAN. Fitterer didn't hire Reich. Fitterer wanted Wilks. Fitterer wanted Stroud. 

Tepper wanted Reich. Tepper wanted Young.

Wilks would have also been a mistake, though certainly a far better hire than Reich. Fitterer needs to go to.

Let's get a GM & HC who are actually on the same page for once during Teppers time as owner.

Just now, Martin said:

There are also other sources saying they were all aligned around Young. But water under the bridge at this point. What matters is what we do moving forward.

They have been lying since the beginning.  They said they always knew Young was the pick and thats who they traded up for - LIE    Then they said everyone in the org from scouts to coaches to teppers everyone to a man was all for young - LIE   then it slips that they had to Reich was the last one on board and he had to be convinced

I wouldnt believe a damn thing these guys tell us.  Tepper and nicole made this selection

Just now, Martin said:

There is no forward. This team will be another one to three win team in 2024. Our best bet is hiring a defensive minded coach who appreciates an offensive approach similar to what the Lions run and what we ran in 2022. Heavy run and heavy play action with a lot of 12 and 13 personnel to help support the offensive line. Draft a burner or two on Day 3 to stretch the field and sign a bruising back. Go heavy under center with a 52/48 run/pass split, heavy play action, heavy tight end involvement, roll outs, etc.

That will protect our offensive line, our receivers, and our QB. If we play good enough defense, the offense should be good for probably 22 to 28 points a game which is good enough to win in the NFL.

We won't win through the draft for another three years. Gotta make it count in how you scheme. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Most of the sources saying that are quoting what the team has said, which is pretty much what you'd expect the team to say.

I'm generally willing to believe what someone says unless there's reason or evidence to doubt it. In this case, there's plenty of that.

I feel Jay Glazer is pretty reliable. I also haven’t heard that Frank didn’t want Bryce. I’ve heard from some that it was a 1a 1b situation.

3 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Wilks would have also been a mistake, though certainly a far better hire than Reich. Fitterer needs to go to.

Let's get a GM & HC who are actually on the same page for once during Teppers time as owner.

What does it matter who is GM so long as Tepper is here? He is a Jerry Jones wannabe except he wants to have a GM. 

Fitterer is a scapegoat at this point.

I also disagree vehemently about Wilks. There is nothing in his history suggesting that hiring him would've been a mistake. He took the same team that has been losing for four years and at least got them to .500. That was before he would've had a draft and been able to build an offense in his image. It was also after firing 12 people mid-season.

So give me a break. What Wilks accomplished in 2022 will, in time, be seen as a miracle because it might be the most success we see for another 5 years. 

Go ahead and pin this comment, save it, do something to reference in April of each year as Tepper continues making the same mistakes. This all falls on Tepper.

He wanted Reich, he wanted to trade up for Number 1, he wanted Young.

This is on him. Fitterer either said yes or get's fired. What would you do?

Edited by CPcavedweller

Tepper & Fitt are searching for the offense whisperer they can force Young, Hubbard, TMJ, Mingo, Tremble, Ekwonu, Christensen & Zavala on. Those players are the development projects that are not going away. The coach must fix them all & make them the winning unit. Free agents will only be signed that will be mentors to their development. Dalton, Sanders, Thielen & Hurst are not to be relied on to win games & take away reps.

There will not be a rebuild. These are the core offensive players Fiit & Tepper want to see win. When the 3rd coach is not allowed to cut them or bench them without the threat of being fired, everyone will have to acknowledge this forced roster on coaches.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Did he or Fitterer influence the decision to draft Young over Stroud, though?

If so, there's nothing to stand on.

I think that is being overblown. Maybe Reich did prefer Stroud, but I don't think it was a situation where he was the lone voice in the organization saying we should take him over Bryce. And I honestly don't think Stroud would look anywhere near as good as he has had we drafted him.

Taking a different QB wouldn't have made Reich the answer. Maybe it would have bought him more time, but does anyone really think Frank Reich was ever going to coach this team to a Super Bowl, with Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud or anyone else?

3 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I think that is being overblown. Maybe Reich did prefer Stroud, but I don't think it was a situation where he was the lone voice in the organization saying we should take him over Bryce. And I honestly don't think Stroud would look anywhere near as good as he has had we drafted him.

Taking a different QB wouldn't have made Reich the answer. Maybe it would have bought him more time, but does anyone really think Frank Reich was ever going to coach this team to a Super Bowl, with Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud or anyone else?

Stephen Holder is one who sounds pretty sure that Reich wanted Stroud.

I wouldn't necessarily say he was the "lone voice" though. One of the other probable "voices" just got fired along with him.

44 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

If he doesn't get rid of Fitt firing Reich is just window dressing....how is Fitt still on board....fk! To have a chance at real change he godda go!  Fitt is to GMing like Frank is to coaching...wtf cant dipper see that!

Wasn't Marty fired at the end of the season that Ron got the axe ?

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

What does it matter who is GM so long as Tepper is here? He is a Jerry Jones wannabe except he wants to have a GM. 

Fitterer is a scapegoat at this point.

I also disagree vehemently about Wilks. There is nothing in his history suggesting that hiring him would've been a mistake. He took the same team that has been losing for four years and at least got them to .500. That was before he would've had a draft and been able to build an offense in his image. It was also after firing 12 people mid-season.

So give me a break. What Wilks accomplished in 2022 will, in time, be seen as a miracle because it might be the most success we see for another 5 years. 

Go ahead and pin this comment, save it, do something to reference in April of each year as Tepper continues making the same mistakes. This all falls on Tepper.

He wanted Reich, he wanted to trade up for Number 1, he wanted Young.

This is on him. Fitterer either said yes or get's fired. What would you do?

Wilks would have been a FAR better hire than Reich, but neither of them was ever the long-term answer that was going to make us into a contender.

No doubt Tepper wanted to trade up for a QB, but he's not the one who keeps missing on almost every draft pick he's made since being hired, including the mid-late round picks that Tepper has nothing to do with.

By no means am I defending Tepper. He's awful. But his awfulness shouldn't take away from how bad both Reich and Fitterer were. On the contrary, the fact that he hired them both is the best example of just how bad an owner he is.

• Pie 1