• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper is getting destroyed in the media

Tbe

Tonight's INSIDE THE NFL didn't hold back on comments

Chad Ochocinco said that changing out the HC isn't going to make a difference if the player quality is still the same under new regime.

They threw in comments about Tepper being a billionaire and playing with a shiny toy. "That's not how football works"

Worth the 3m listen, starting around the 17m mark into the hour

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/11/28/carolina-panthers-david-tepper-frank-reich-fired-philosophy

In other words, six years in, Tepper’s had an interim coach for 22% of his games.

How does that happen? Well, it goes back to that saying: Don’t let one mistake become two.

“His thing is, the minute it gets bad, it’s going to get worse, so we better try something else,” says one former Panthers staffer. “He’s a hedge fund guy; that’s what hedge fund guys do. The second something stops earning money, they take their money out of it, take the profit and move on to something else.”

“He doesn’t care about the money,” says a former Panthers coach. “He looks at it like a stock—you make a poor investment, there’s a sunk cost, boom, you move on.”

4 hours ago, countryboi said:

I don’t give a damn about Tepper. He will be OK.
what I don’t like is these people in the media who watched like 2 quarters of the Panthers all season going to bat for a coach that clearly was not working 

Exactly right 

it was absolutely not working offensively 

waiting another six weeks wasn’t anything but torment for all involved with this putrid jr. High offense and dare I say, jr high qb 

Frank now can retire fully with at last $50 million from two NFL owners 

I’m not a Tepper fan but I also don’t believe he is the antichrist.

Hire the right person and all will be forgotten as was with Jed York and other owners 

in my case, older now, can’t wait this out, don’t want to wait it out 

that’s the issue with pro sports and being a fan thereof 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1