• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hot Take Coming! (Tabor)

CRA

We are about to witness a repeat of last year (just to a lesser extent). 

I always thought it was a coin flip in regards to who would take over for Rhule.  Wilks got the call and proceeded to have this team looking better.  I think we see the same thing occur with Tabor.  Tabor is going to win more games than Frank.  But not a Wilks .500 record. 

but just like Wilks.  This first game is going to be ugly and rough.  Talk was Wilks was intentionally trying to lose it was so bad.  

we got lots of problems. Tepper is problem 1.  Fitt is problem 2.  Frank was problem 3.  and it’s going to start to become apparent how bad Frank really was.  Tabor winning at least 2 and the Panthers find a respectable path down the stretch 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

If he gets us enough to not have the 1st overall pick he will automatically become a panthers legend.

That really is our Super Bowl this year. Literally just not handing the Bears #1 overall.

The issue is, unlike the Wilks situation, the problem here isn't just gross coaching incompetence and a team that's been demoralized by playing under a snake-oil windbag. We have absolutely no talent. A "Leader of Men" won't change that. 

• Pie 4

I'm not sure he will be the inverse of Wilks. Wilks did the ugly thing and simplified everything, to a painful degree. I think Tabor and Caldwell signed up to lean more on Bryce which is what Tepper would want. They are going to try and run the Alabama offense. I don't see that ending well and they could end up being Panther legends in all thw wrong ways.

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

That really is our Super Bowl this year. Literally just not handing the Bears #1 overall.

The issue is, unlike the Wilks situation, the problem here isn't just gross coaching incompetence and a team that's been demoralized by playing under a snake-oil windbag. We have absolutely no talent. A "Leader of Men" won't change that. 

A percentage of it is coaching incompetence.  We aren’t playing to the roster.  Weak teams have to do that.  This OL can get in a grove and run block.  That was Wilks secret sauce.  We have that talent.  Chubba and Sanders are both more traditional early down runners.  And once you line up and start pounding the rock…..pass protection is aided off play action.  Saw that last year too.   And 100% our bad WRs weren’t being helped under Frank. 

Frank has always been too gun/pass heavy.  Always predictable in it.  Never creative.  He is the John Fox of the O passing world   I think Tabor course corrects some basic stubborn Frank flaws. 

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

I’d like to see Dalton start a couple games so we could truly evaluate what we have and who we should keep. If he sh1ts the bed, fine but to continue to watch Bryce struggle is unbearable.

The #1 player you need to continue to evaluate is your QB. Shut up with this Dalton poo. Don’t y’all understand Bryce at this point IS the team. This is going to be built around him like it or not. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

18 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

The #1 player you need to continue to evaluate is your QB. Shut up with this Dalton poo. Don’t y’all understand Bryce at this point IS the team. This is going to be built around him like it or not. 

Bryce has 1 more year here at BEST if he keeps playing like he has. Nothing is certain to be built around him. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

Bryce has 1 more year here at BEST if he keeps playing like he has. Nothing is certain to be built around him. 

Y’all are clueless. This is his team. He’ll get his coach. We’ll get some guys in here that can make plays, and y’all will have to find someone else to blame for your misery 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1