• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Speculation and rumors about Reich firing.

Basbear

Just now, SOJA said:

Frank Reich just being extremely burnt out at his job is the most relatable I've ever felt to an NFL coach lmao 

How come tepper and fitt didnt see this?!?!?

Its a fact that NFL coaching is one of demanding grids there is. You got to give 20 hours a day to the job. 

Thats why it felt like frank fuged tepper. He was already done with coaching, but can smile and had enough contracts to speak highly of him. Losing adds up and frank didnt care form the start, his weekly non-changes sorta back this up. bloodly hell....

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Its a fact that NFL coaching is one of demanding grids there is. You got to give 20 hours a day to the job. 

Thats why it felt like frank fuged tepper. He was already done with coaching, but can smile and had enough contracts to speak highly of him. Losing adds up and frank didnt care form the start, his weekly non-changes sorta back this up. bloodly hell....

Well, all signs point to Fitter being completely incompetent and pointless.  I do think Tepper listens to his people.  He just hires bad people and then Tepper, rightfully, can’t handle the results. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

Just now, CRA said:

Well, all signs point to Fitter being completely incompetent and pointless.  I do think Tepper listens to his people.  He just hires bad people and then Tepper can’t handle the result. 

I still remember them bragging about the process and how much work they put into to hiring the right HC. About how they cast a "huge and wide net" to find the best one.... Feels like whoever tepper picks this time will not work out as well. fug this feeling....

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I still remember them bragging about the process and how much work they put into to hiring the right HC. About how they cast a "huge and wide net" to find the best one.... Feels like whoever tepper picks this time will not work out as well. fug this feeling....

Just got to hope for the blind squirrel method to eventually happen.  At some point, he is going to accidentally hire someone competent lol 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've worked for bosses like Tepper before. Yeah, it fuging sucks. If I had a guaranteed contract I would've just mailed it in until they paid me to go away too.

Once had an interview for an insurance sales job when I was 22 or so with an older guy who asked how much I thought I was worth.

I said as much as I was willing to work. His response was that he wouldn't hire anybody that didn't feel like they were worth at least fifty thousand plus a year. My response was to think I didn't wanna work for this douchebag.

S Sometimes personalities just don't mix.

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Imagine working for a guy like Jim Irsay, getting a fresh start at a new job and finding out your new boss is worse than the last. I think he cared but got exasperated and was too old and tired to do anything about it.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

After watching this team all season, I can see that Frank didn’t want Bryce and was just mailing it in. I mean, what coach would call so many short passes or screens. He didn’t want Bryce and was not even trying to make Bryce look good.

but if the team starts to play and Bryce begins slinging the ball around, we will know

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Imagine working for a guy like Jim Irsay, getting a fresh start at a new job and finding out your new boss is worse than the last. I think he cared but got exasperated and was too old and tired to do anything about it.

For sure...

Also, I'd imagine the interview process was different. Plenty of us have gone through an interview process thinking a job was gonna be great only to find out otherwise once the day to day routine set in.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Well if he was good at his job, that would have helped a lot. Tepper was on him because he was doing a very poor job. It is one of the few times I agree with Tepper.

• Pie 1

My plausible take:

Hey Frank, Dave here. We want a clean start to our team. New staff. New receivers. New QB. I want you to head it up. Come home, we’re building something great. Money no object. 

Frank: Tempting. Always wanted something like this. Stroud looks like a stud, everything I want in a QB. 

Dave: I love it Frank. Sounds great. Here’s a contract. Here’s your sign on bonus. 

and with the first selection…  Bryce Young. 

Frank: F you.  I want out. I quit. You lied to me.

Dave: Um, ok. I’m going to need the GROSS sign on bonus back please, and you’ll forfeit all owed salary for quitting without cause.

Frank: but the .gov already took $X.XX million in taxes for the lump sum sign on bonus you just paid me. I Guess you’ll have to just fire me without cause because you’re not screwing me over, making me pay you $X.XX million of my own money, when you screwed me out of your promise.

Dave: If I fire you without cause, I’ll owe you the entire contract. If you quit without cause, I owe you nothing and you owe me your sign on bonus that I already gave you. 

Panther fans are then treated to 10 weeks of Frank/Dave stalemate, ass quality football putting the safety of the nice guy little dude we put under center, in hope of getting fired. Dave breaks before Frank breaks his QB. How many games did we have to see Bryce get smoked with Ickey watching from his front row seat. Over and over again. I guess I now know why Ickey never got any help.

This last Sunday, when all we had to do was get in the locker room at half with a couple runs, the SOB dials up passing plays. Punt. FG right at half. 

It was at that moment that I KNEW he was trying to get fired. it was just obvious then. 

Screw Reich. You did this on purpose. I’m sure your contract had language to the effect of repayment of bonus if you quit without cause, but this will never go reported. You could have at least tried but it was obvious that you never did, Frank.

Bryce wasn’t my guy but he didn’t deserve that. I actually like the guy. I wonder what Frank has said to Bryce behind closed doors. Bryce has got to be the happiest one of all in all of this. I’m genuinely curious to see how he responds to this. I’d LOVE to be proven wrong. Bryce, if you can show me some fire and take this team on a 3 game win streak, I will buy a stitched jersey with your name on it and rock it proudly. 

Dave, I love the Panthers. Please let this clown show end. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3

14 hours ago, Basbear said:

On one of the many shows Adam Schefter implied this has been weeks in the making and it was "mutual" between tepper and reich....frank basically wanted to be fired

Schefter implied frank and davids personalities were a terrible mix shortly into the season.

Heres a juicy one- One of the biggest reasons for the firing was tepper didnt like franks energy level at ALL. Each meeting it seemed frank had no drive or "want" to fix/coach this team. No "juice" or enthusiasm about day-2-day coaching the panthers. Feels like frank scammed tepper for one last NFL payday.... if true lost the few last respect points I had for fightless frank...feels like there is some truth to each. 

If Tepper wanted emotions and motivation that our players respond to, he should have kept Wilks which i back based in going 6-2 in last 8 games. Let's bring him back so we can start winning again!

• Pie 3