• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players react to firing. They don’t seem too upset

raleigh-panther

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

There is more to players than their RAS score or lack thereof 

Fitterer and yes, Tepper, need to learn that 

I also want to see a little passion from Bryce  in a leadership role   QBs in the NFL are alphas   This kid, who  knows   

Yeah I don’t see the intensity in him to lead a group of football players where they need to go. I’m sure he’s smart and cerebral but franchise QBs have a different element that he’s lacking. At least so far. Maybe he develops it when he’s older. 

6 hours ago, csx said:

Easy to say when you inherit Newton, Smith, Olsen, Kuechly, Gross, Kalil, Davis, Wharton, CJ, and Munnerlynn as the foundation of your culture 

and Stewart and Norman

and DW (not good culture but good talent)

Edited by csx

3 hours ago, ickmule said:

I have said all along he is boring and lacks real leadership skills.

He looks and sounds like he's 15 years old. You gonna tell me what to do? Nah I'm good. Stroud is a softer spoken guy too but when your play is lighting it up you command respect. When you can't Crack 185 yards passing and put more then 1 touchdown drive together in a game dude's aren't going to follow you 

• Pie 3

when cam came in, we had good talent on the team, but no heart. they had adopted fox's "it is what it is" spirit. cam changed that around.

now we have no heart and very little talent. no player on this team is going to turn that around. we're going to need a coach that comes in and wakes them up.

i think we were trending that way with wilks, but then we brought in reich who is just a nice guy, but not one that will fire everyone up. i thought that duce would help with that, but after training camp he went silent. 
oh well...it is what it is.

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

when cam came in, we had good talent on the team, but no heart. they had adopted fox's "it is what it is" spirit. cam changed that around.

now we have no heart and very little talent. no player on this team is going to turn that around. we're going to need a coach that comes in and wakes them up.

i think we were trending that way with wilks, but then we brought in reich who is just a nice guy, but not one that will fire everyone up. i thought that duce would help with that, but after training camp he went silent. 
oh well...it is what it is.

Need a new coach and gm to come in and cut every mother fuger they can and play 2024 with a ton of dead money and low end effort players. Completely wash the slate keep guys who show good effort and heart next year even if they are not the most talented and purge again going into 2025. There is not one single player on this team that I give a fug if they're on the roster in 2 years. I bet no other teams fans can say that outside of maybe Arizona 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I’m not saying it was the cause, as there were many but I alway think about 1 year with Frank….and Andrew Luck said peace out to football forever. 

Luck said goodbye to football because he'd been getting the sh-t kicked out of him for years behind the terrible offensive lines Ryan Grigson had been putting together.

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Luck said goodbye to football because he'd been getting the sh-t kicked out of him for years behind the terrible offensive lines Ryan Grigson had been putting together.

Post said there were many reasons.  He still worked his way back to a fully healthy 16 game season….and one year with Frank and he walked away forever.   It’s still worth pondering about if it had anything to do with it…..given the proven old and stubborn coach Frank has proven to be at multiple places. 

No different than thinking if Rhule had at least something to do with Luke going.  

I’m sure your coach is part of whatever big pro and con list a player thinking of leaving during their prime factors in to some level 

Just now, CRA said:

Post said there were many reasons.  He still worked his way back to a fully healthy 16 game season….and one year with Frank and he walked away forever.   It’s still work pondering about if it had anything to do with it…..given the proven old and stubborn coach Frank had proven to be.  

No different than thinking if Rhule had at least something to do with Luke going.  

Nah...

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nah...

My bad, that’s right.  You didn’t ponder it therefore it couldn’t have been one of the many factors that went into a decision. 

I guess only you can tell us the only ones Luck, Luke, etc factored in and didn’t.

Frank was just there, he wasn’t THE reason. He didn’t do enough to be a reason that I know of. He isn’t exactly a polarizing type.

If it is blamed on a person, maybe Irsay would give someone more of a reason. 

I would bet he was raised making other people happy his whole life, and his heart wasn’t in being an NFL hero, and then he got his money. Enough. See ya. 

14 hours ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

the loser mentality Cam spoke of and tried to get rid of when he was here. half the players are just collecting paychecks or are more concerned with ping pong game in the locker room

Part of the reason Thielen said he signed with us was because they had some sort of golfing simulator in the locker room lol

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

He looks and sounds like he's 15 years old. You gonna tell me what to do? Nah I'm good. Stroud is a softer spoken guy too but when your play is lighting it up you command respect. When you can't Crack 185 yards passing and put more then 1 touchdown drive together in a game dude's aren't going to follow you 

And by no means are any of those "dudes" responsible for the 185 yards a game and the reason we can't score more than 1 touchdown, its ALL on the QB right? Coaching doesn't matter, scheme doesn't matter, personnel doesn't matter, getting open doesn't matter, blocking for more than half a second doesn't matter, being able to run the ball effectively doesn't matter, literally NONE of that matters only that the QB is effective no matter what else is going on around him. Got it, Thanks for clearing all of that up

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin