• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players react to firing. They don’t seem too upset

raleigh-panther

5 hours ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

the loser mentality Cam spoke of and tried to get rid of when he was here. half the players are just collecting paychecks or are more concerned with ping pong game in the locker room

4 hours ago, pantherj said:

I hated Gettleman but I'm starting to think we need a Gettleman type GM who will scare these apathetic players into caring. Gettleman warned about this type of situation where you have journeyman players who half ass it to avoid injury, don't care about winning, and point the finger at the other guy for the team failing. I want the whip cracked and players scrambling to get a win no matter what, not WRs cruising around getting in their cardio for the day. Not o-linemen not even touching the pass rushers. We need a tyrant to come in here and lay down the law on these players. And even more so, we need players who are leaders. 

EXACTLY what these two guys said. Half of our players don't give a flying f**k and just want to collect a paycheck with minimal effort. We need a guy to come in and weed out all the turd while making examples of them.

• Pie 4

4 hours ago, pantherj said:

I hated Gettleman but I'm starting to think we need a Gettleman type GM who will scare these apathetic players into caring. Gettleman warned about this type of situation where you have journeyman players who half ass it to avoid injury, don't care about winning, and point the finger at the other guy for the team failing. I want the whip cracked and players scrambling to get a win no matter what, not WRs cruising around getting in their cardio for the day. Not o-linemen not even touching the pass rushers. We need a tyrant to come in here and lay down the law on these players. And even more so, we need players who are leaders. 

Easy to say when you inherit Newton, Smith, Olsen, Kuechly, Gross, Kalil, Davis, Wharton, CJ, and Munnerlynn as the foundation of your culture 

• Pie 5

5 hours ago, pantherj said:

Nah, a Gettleman doesn’t really have the ability to do much in that regard.  No one gave a poo about winning because of Dave Gettleman inspiring them to do.  They weren’t scared into caring by a dipshit GM.  

there was a time when Panthers cared.  And that was because of Panther players. Cam Newton made people care.  Luke Kuechly made people care.  That’s why they were accountable.  Go half ass it with Thomas Davis next to you.  And that’s only the start of a list that includes all sort of players. 

who do we have leading the team now or even lately.   CMC and DJ Moore were good players.   Julius Peppers was a good player too.  Sometimes that all you are.  Which is ok.  They lead in their own way.  Who do you ever hear really making it known what we are is unacceptable? 

• Pie 7

So now character matters and we really do need a leader of men kind of guy? Strong? Takes no crap from anyone? Loved and respected?

Their behavior is sort of like their guy, the most loved Panthers head coach we’ve ever seen, who worked a miracle wasn’t even given a shot. This isn’t me beating a dead horse. Despite what you’re not hearing, you better believe this is still very real to them. I can’t be the only one who saw this coming. 

This is what it looks like when you hate your boss. This is so awful and It did not have to be this way.