• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CFB conference championship games

LinvilleGorge

In the dead time after Texas, I turned on the MAC championship and the refs blew a huge call. It wouldn’t have mattered anyway as a miracle onside kick was still needed but damn they used a lazy play stands call on an interception in the end zone that was a TD. The CB never had the ball fully and there’s a TV angle where you can see the WR with his arms around the ball and you can see both of the CBs hands not on the ball. I can’t comprehend how you can call it an interception when the ball is bobbling as the CB goes to the ground and it’s clear that he didn’t have full possession. I understand a runner getting a TD as soon as the ball crosses the plane but you still have to actually catch a ball.

Just for fun, took a picture. The CB (in white with the whit arm tape and almost bluish gloves) never had the ball fully and fell backwards and you can see the WR has the ball while also seeing the CBs hands not on the ball. Definitely a we want to go home call. Luckily, a 99% chance that it didn’t matter with a 9 point lead and 22 seconds left but an onside recovery and a FG wins the game.

image.thumb.jpg.adcbad1ea216624d6ee1f4960d1c4e91.jpg

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Texas gonna be rooting hard for UGA right now.

The committee is gonna be rooting hard for Louisville over FSU. If FSU wins I don't know how you leave out a top 4 undefeated P5 team, but in reality you know that FSU's chances died with Jordan Travis' knee.

Nah, Texas is rooting for Bama.  They beat them in their own house by double digits.