• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russini: Some coaches wanted to bench Young

UNCrules2187

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Reich was doing some inexplicable things. I wouldn't argue that.

Unfortunately, Tepper is the kind of guy who gets the wrong message even from good things.

Only thing in his favor is he's running out of going the reactionary full 180 option again. Very tepper move to go from totally inexperienced college staff to a bunch of burnt out senior citizens. Not that I'd put it past him to go college coach again though if he's super low on options. Only way this can work out is if he moves back to Miami or whatever and is just the money guy 

• Beer 1

College coach is what it will be, I would look and see what O’brien is doing because Tepper will want to recreate Alabama’s offense.

All you guys posting that college tape to show Bryce off, and argue for him…  I am starting to thing you are Dave and Nicole. 

edit: I am not saying O’Brien will be HC, just hyping for fun. It is gonna be something you could see coming if you have been following. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, stratocatter said:

It all makes much more sense viewed from the Reich felt screwed over angle.

After likely lying to Reich that he could pick his QB Tepper saddled him with a historically tiny outlier, and expects two things at once, and they are mutually exclusive. 

Play Bryce Young. WIn. Can’t do both.

Have to do something. It was sort of John Fox 2010, but on steroids.  

Yep

Bill Parcells when asked about Young and his lack of frame for the NFL said, ‘he better walk on water’.   The opposite also appears true, everything and everyone surrounding young needs to walk in water for him to succeed 

I still remember Fitterer ‘drop in a QB’ and get to the team to the playoffs and not expecting to draft in the top 10 this year 

that assessment shows not much understanding of what he has, what he needs, what it takes to win in the NFL and he feed that bullshit to the boss and the boss ate it up. 

Tepper is a problem but so is Fitterer, Tepper’s ‘yes’ man 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

8 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

lmao this is justification for something after the point

in 2 months we went from "this team can compete to win now because of this qb" to "well this is about developing the qb." 

Also it's now about just keeping him alive through the season. 

Yep  I wouldn’t call it justification….i call it facts   

I’m not a fan of Young   I wasn’t in college 

i don’t want him to fail 

but if you are going that route, wholesale changes should’ve been made based on how that qb plays (with his particular issues) but when the GM believes QBs can be plug and play, here we are 

had the GM done that, it wouldn’t be about ‘just keeping him alive’

the way I see it, everything is a mismatch   The makeup of the oline, the skill players, Reich’s offensive system to the ability of this small nfl qb that requires the center of the line to be very secure 

it’s pitiful and it plays out every Sunday 

now, you can believe that every coach didn’t know this would happen or it’s a GM failure.   

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I'm excited I finally don't have to stream it this week. So weird they're putting it on up here.

And its starts at 4:05 so the whole nation will get about 20 minutes of whatever this mess is going to be before tuning into Eagles/9ers or Browns/rams. Hopefully that will be 20 minutes of Tepper getting bashed on by the media

• Beer 1

49 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

oh absolutely

this is an inflection point for him. Panthers rattling off 2-3 wins or something would be a huge wasted opportunity for him to have some personal growth. 

This dude needs to fail, fail, and fail some more. This dude needs to be humiliated in the press every time he turns on a television or opens a paper. He needs to get boo'd every time he is shown on the screen at BOA. 

He needs to be shamed. 

No argument 

45 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Only thing in his favor is he's running out of going the reactionary full 180 option again. Very tepper move to go from totally inexperienced college staff to a bunch of burnt out senior citizens. Not that I'd put it past him to go college coach again though if he's super low on options. Only way this can work out is if he moves back to Miami or whatever and is just the money guy 

Oh he still has a "180" option.

(wrote about it in another thread)

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, parker said:

Reich was fired because the team was 1-10 and did not show any signs of improvement over 11 games.  At no time did we go max protect, we'd go empty back sets on critical downs and our scheme just wasn't working.  Sometimes players produced in spite of it.  How about Deuce explaining why his back is running the wrong route and almost interfered with a 4th down catch by Theilen?  There is a lot of bad coaching all around and none of it looked in sync.  That's a head coach's responsibility.  instead, he was worred about play calling.

Dalton ran the scheme just fine. It's the qb that Tepper drafted that's the issue with the playcalling and scheme fit. Not the headcoaches fault. 

Not the hc fault when the owner meets with you each week and demands you add to the playbook and scheme. .

Dalton in one game, has 20% of the passing yards and 22% of the td's that Young has in 10 games. 

Frank's offense is timing based, take your steps and throw the ball. 

There is a reason why Bryce led all draft eligible qb's in pressure and sacks responsible for in the last draft. 

I just saw this - don't know if it has been posted elsewhere - did not see it in the op's initial post- if true Frank got fired because of Brycey.   

Bryce Young was drafted No. 1 overall this year by the Panthers, but the quarterback has since won just one game.

Young’s performance is sharply contrasted by the No. 2 pick, Texans quarterback C.J. Stroud, who’s dominated the NFL this season with his top rated performances.

So, when Panthers coach Frank Reich was fired last week, a question of whether Young’s rough rookie season had anything to do with the owner David Tepper’s decision about the coach came up.

“Stroud’s early success 100 percent played into Tepper’s decision to fire Frank Reich. We all felt the pressure and frustrations,” a Panthers source told The Athletic’s Dianna Russini. “It’s hard to step in and carry the weight of a franchise, and Bryce has it harder than most here.”

C.J. Stroud’s Early Success Played Part in Termination of Frank Reich, per Report (msn.com)

20 hours ago, Rastlet said:

Cam played for years without OL and weapons. Quit coddling Young. 

We also ran a Cam centric offense to offset that, we have done anything take this offense function.

QB gets hit before the skill players even break open...even Cam got lit up with Byrin Bell and Nate The former DT Chandler at L, and R tackle. 

Some of y'all either to young to remember or practice active ignorance. 

Cam was 5-11 as a rookie with Smitty, Williams, Stewart, Olsen, Shockey, Kalil, Wharton etc.

Yet people are surprised with what we're doing currently running an archaic offense under Reich...