• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’m about 78% sure Kellen Moore will be the next head coach

hepcat

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

as i'm sitting here this is making more sense to me.

you throwing all your hopes on this bryce young kid and you want someone to coach him that is just as sold on him as you are and who has had success...bill obrien fits. 

Yea that’s my entire point. 

• Pie 1

I haven’t heard anything, but just my general knowledge of the team and how the org likes to operate- I think it depends on the GM. 

If Tepper keeps Scott, I think he goes and gets one of the 2nd tier OCs. He won’t be able to lure either Johnson but may convince Moore, Kafka, or Frank Smith. Moore and Kafka both interviewed last year.

If Tepper is let go, he may go get a stronger HC who wants roster control. Maybe not a HC/GM combination but somebody with a heavy hand in personnel like Harbaugh or Belichick. Remember Harbaugh reportedly called Tepper multiple times to discuss the role last year but never interviewed.

• Pie 1

OP - your logic makes perfect sense for the organization in its current state.

I'd actually rather have Moore than Belicheck, although that's not saying much. It's incredibly frustrating to see local reporters like Will Brinson push the Belicheck narrative. It's like they want to increase our suffering for more clicks or something.

Bill O'Brien would be a huge mistake. Hiring someone who would then plan the entire offense around a QB we don't even know will be good could mean another lost year. Young Ball ain't going to work in the NFL. Young will need to use his gifts/talent and make it work in an offense that can win games in the NFL. This isn't Bama (no matter if they ran a "pro" game). That hiring would be the epitome of Bryce coddling.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Bill O'Brien would be a huge mistake. Hiring someone who would then plan the entire offense around a QB we don't even know will be good could mean another lost year. Young Ball ain't going to work in the NFL. Young will need to use his gifts/talent and make it work in an offense that can win games in the NFL. This isn't Bama (no matter if they ran a "pro" game). That hiring would be the epitome of Bryce coddling.

if you're intent on proving you didn't make a mistake with him, the best chance you've got is someone who knows the pro game, knows him, and likes him. coddling? maybe, but at this point you've got to attempt to salvage the justification for your big purchase. you can't be sure about any other coaches out there. obrien is the safe bet. of course tepper isn't a safe guy.  i'd more call him reckless, impulsive, quixotic, and irrational.

I still think Bienemy is the most likely solution since he’s a good offensive mind and he knows nobody else wants to hire him so this might be his only shot at a HC job.

He’ll be the most accomplished person Tepper interviews and it will be hard for him to go another direction when nobody decent has interest.

It will backfire and before the end of the 2024 season there will already be reports about the entire locker room hating him.

he’ll then get fired a month into 2025 and the locker room will celebrate just like the Raiders did when they got rid of McDaniels

Edited by tukafan21

Kellen Moore, a former Boise State quarterback who spent several seasons as a backup in Detroit and Dallas, had  previously  called plays for the Cowboys offense since 2019.

Moore had an impressive season in 2022, despite starting quarterback Dak Prescott's thumb injury, which kept him out for five weeks. Dallas ranked 11th in total offense despite a rash of injuries on that side of the football.

The 34-year-old Moore interviewed for the Carolina Panthers' head-coaching vacancy, which was ultimately filled by fired Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich. He was previously a finalist for the Miami Dolphins' opening last year, but that job was given to Mike McDaniel.

He was quickly hired by the LA Chargers as their new offensive coordinator following his firing from Dallas, where he took over a unit that boasts a former Rookie of the Year and Pro Bowler in quarterback Justin Herbert,

29 minutes ago, rayzor said:

if you're intent on proving you didn't make a mistake with him, the best chance you've got is someone who knows the pro game, knows him, and likes him. coddling? maybe, but at this point you've got to attempt to salvage the justification for your big purchase. you can't be sure about any other coaches out there. obrien is the safe bet. of course tepper isn't a safe guy.  i'd more call him reckless, impulsive, quixotic, and irrational.

I guess my point is, if you hire someone whose sole intent is to build the team around Bryce ... and Bryce ends up being the bust ... you've hurt the franchise for even longer. Huge gamble. Bring in an offensive mind who can work with Bryce. Don't build a "Bryce Team".

Edited by Brooklyn 3.0
  • Pie 1

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I guess my point is, if you hire someone whose soul intent is to build the team around Bryce ... and Bryce ends up being the bust ... you've hurt the franchise for even longer. Huge gamble. Bring in an offensive mind who can work with Bryce. Don't build a "Bryce Team".

agreed. i just think we're at that point where this is a bryce team. teppers were sure and sold the farm for him. they've got to try and prove they weren't morons.

Schitts Creek Good Luck GIF by CBC