• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers abandoning Wofford for training camp, will be in Charlotte

TN05

2 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

Cant do that until the team is good on the field.

Because they arent going back to Wofford?  It was an antiquated way of doing things and its main purpose was a way for Richardson to pump money into the school he went to without him having to give it to them directly.  They've been trying to get away from that arrangement for years.  I dont think it has anything to do with their attitude towards fans in SC.

There are a fair number of teams charging for training camp attendance right now, and not all of them good teams. So while it might not go over well, I wouldn't be shocked to see him try it anyway (wouldn't exactly be the first time).

As far as South Carolina, the training camp decision was likely made for the same reason as pretty much all of Tepper's other decisions, money.

That said though, I haven't seen much of the "two states, one team" thing out of the team. And it's not like Tepper's previous encounters with the South Carolina fanbase have tended tocome to...positive endings.

I've been saying for a long time they needed to get TC out of Spartanburg and the blazing heat.  If I remember correctly, those practice fields are indoors.  I have long theorized that one of the reasons we suffer early season injuries more than just about any team in the league is the outdoor training camp in the heat.  Players can't push themselves as hard in that level of heat, meaning they don't limber up as much in preparation for the season.

Mark my words, early season injuries will be down next year.  I'd bet anything on it.

• Pie 1