• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cannot Make Basic NFL Throws

BIGH2001

7 hours ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

I seriously doubt there was time to address his footwork. The NFL teams don't teach their players the most basic of fundamental mechanics. This isn't Pop Warner football. The players are supposed to come to the league with good fundamentals, as is expected of professionals in a professional league. The training camp is where they practice the plays and learn the offense and defense. If a player needs to improve his fundamentals, he is expected to do so on his own during the off-season. Brees, Burrow, Brady, Stroud, and countless other QBs work with private coaches to hone their basic skills. 

Bryce is such an outlier in that his basic mechanics and footwork are astonishingly atrocious, probably even worse than The Golden Calf of Bristol's. I'm sure the coaches took a look at him and there was a oh-poo moment. 

I can't tell if this is serious or satire.

12 hours ago, electro's horse said:

This whole “gotta see him on a better team before evaluating him” nonsense is the most transparent bullshit. It’s a thought terminating cliche for people that can’t handle how wrong they were about him and how badly the team has failed. It’s setting up an impossible standard that will never achieved because it’s not being made in good faith. 

like even if Bryce has not shown glaring weaknesses in his individual game that have nothing to do with what’s going on around him (which lmao if you think he hasn’t) am I supposed to believe he’s going to survive until the panthers turn into the 49ers?

And his footwork is not something you’re going to fix. We know based on what Chark said and the athletic article that reich lied about play calls or Bryce’s decisions to protect him. This “we’re gonna work on mechanics next season” nonsense was obviously a lie to protect him and/or tepper. 

I just choose to use logic to form my football opinions not my emotions like most fans here do. You people look at everything as black and white and act like a young kid can't improve if the circumstances around him improve. The team and coaching staff we hired failed our rookie QB not the other way around. They made too many miscalculations already way before they even made the decision who to take #1 overall. There wasnt a clear vision for the team. There were too many different philosophies and they couldnt get them to mesh. The whole play calling fiasco. McCown was a first time QB coach. It was all a mess. But no one wants to acknowledge that. They only want to focus on one person. The QB. Sure the QB is supposed to help elevate the play of his teammates to an extent but when the coaching staff and scheme that your in is directionless and in shambles it's hard to flourish. You want your rookie QB to come in and play like he's a vet that's been in the league for 5+ years that's asking a lot when everything around him is breaking down constantly. There is no consistency and then when there is finally a play to make and he doesn't make it we jump down his throat about it. What about the previous 5 plays where there was an olineman that didn't put a single hand on the guy right in front of him leading to a sack/fumble? Or back to back drops by the WR? No we focus on the deep ball he overthrew to slow ass Johnathan Mingo. It just doesn't make sense to me. But that's fine you guys continue to focus on Bryce and once/if we hire a good HC, big IF and Young starts to look like a solid pick I'll be here awaiting you guys with open arms back on the bandwagon. See you there!!

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kinda cracks me up people throw shade at "internet GMs" for discussing the team on a forum.

I mean, at best the Panthers' highly paid professional brain trust has managed exactly one more NFL win this year than the Huddle would've accomplished making decisions via forum poll. 😂

I'm not to sure about that. I'm pretty sure the Huddle could have gotten at least 4 or 5 right.

Of course, the first Huddle decision would have been not to write off Shane Steichen because he didn't interview well on Zoom. 

• Beer 3

45 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I just choose to use logic to form my football opinions not my emotions like most fans here do. You people look at everything as black and white and act like a young kid can't improve if the circumstances around him improve. The team and coaching staff we hired failed our rookie QB not the other way around. They made too many miscalculations already way before they even made the decision who to take #1 overall. There wasnt a clear vision for the team. There were too many different philosophies and they couldnt get them to mesh. The whole play calling fiasco. McCown was a first time QB coach. It was all a mess. But no one wants to acknowledge that. They only want to focus on one person. The QB. Sure the QB is supposed to help elevate the play of his teammates to an extent but when the coaching staff and scheme that your in is directionless and in shambles it's hard to flourish. You want your rookie QB to come in and play like he's a vet that's been in the league for 5+ years that's asking a lot when everything around him is breaking down constantly. There is no consistency and then when there is finally a play to make and he doesn't make it we jump down his throat about it. What about the previous 5 plays where there was an olineman that didn't put a single hand on the guy right in front of him leading to a sack/fumble? Or back to back drops by the WR? No we focus on the deep ball he overthrew to slow ass Johnathan Mingo. It just doesn't make sense to me. But that's fine you guys continue to focus on Bryce and once/if we hire a good HC, big IF and Young starts to look like a solid pick I'll be here awaiting you guys with open arms back on the bandwagon. See you there!!

Endless excuses for everything while trashing every player and coach and making absolutely zero mention of the undrafted QB's playing much better with similar circumstances.

And you wonder why you can't get anyone to see eye to eye with you.

You sound like you're in a cult.

• Pie 3

25 minutes ago, frankw said:

Endless excuses for everything while trashing every player and coach and making absolutely zero mention of the undrafted QB's playing much better with similar circumstances.

And you wonder why you can't get anyone to see eye to eye with you.

You sound like you're in a cult.

That undrafted QB everyone keeps talking about was sacked 0 times. How many times has Young been afforded that opportunity? You keep looking at those stat sheets though champ it's bound to get you somewhere eventually!

5 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

That undrafted QB everyone keeps talking about was sacked 0 times. How many times has Young been afforded that opportunity? You keep looking at those stat sheets though champ it's bound to get you somewhere eventually!

Ironically I assume you saw that he was sacked 0 times in the last game by looking at the stat sheet?

Not sure if you’ve seen his stats in the last five games, including all the sacks he’s taken (and all the TDs he’s thrown).

image.thumb.png.7fb1c98f0930e78a7e98e056d671ac4a.png

• Flames 2

8 minutes ago, Martin said:

Ironically I assume you saw that he was sacked 0 times in the last game by looking at the stat sheet?

Not sure if you’ve seen his stats in the last five games, including all the sacks he’s taken (and all the TDs he’s thrown).

He's been sacked 26 times through 4 games. That's half as many sacks as the Panthers have given up over the course of the entire season at 51.

Excellent job bringing this to our attention Mr Mojo Risin 🤌🫡

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

He is a professional football player who was taken with the first pick of the draft. He ought to be able to overcome certain limitations in his circumstances and rise above them. He has not done that in any measurable way after 12 starts. He hasn’t improved at all since the first game. Sure he may make a miracle turnaround but the odds are not in his favor. 

Edited by BIGH2001
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Martin said:

Aren't stats amazing? You know what else this chart shows? How the NYG play around their rookie QB. Look at how many times he throws the ball a game vs Bryce. That's how you play a rookie QB in a struggling offense. You help him by not making him do everything on his own. That guys pass attempts equal what Bryces are by half time most games. He throws the ball 25 times and even less and the Giants are still able to put up points (some games). They got a win in a game they scored only 10 points in lmao.

19 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I gotta hand it to the stubborn Young supporters on here. You're going down swinging lol.

Either hope he gets better with a better HC hire next year or go root for another team or not watch football at all. What other option is there other than cheering against your favorite team? Who honestly roots for their team to fail? Seems like a pointless concept does it not?