• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cannot Make Basic NFL Throws

BIGH2001

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Maybe there’s lead in my water but i honestly thought he played his ass off today. This was the most positive performance I’ve seen from him all year. 

Multiple drives were killed by WRs today. He showed way more mobility in the pocket and moved the chains with his legs. Yes he missed the deep shots but he at least overthrew them and took chances.  We haven’t seen that all year. I want to see more of this aggressive version of Bryce.

I defended Cam for being put in similar poo situations and I’ll day on this hill today. Bryce showed more today than he has all year. 

How about all the wildly erratic downfield passes that no one has a shot at? A lot of those "drops" were poorly placed balls that brought a defender back into play when a better ball would've been an easy catch that would've been very fair to blame the receiver on if it wasn't converted.

• Pie 3

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It's so obvious but the copers just don't want to admit it.

Deep out? Nope. That's a pick six. Anything over 20 yards? Can't be in the playbook.

You are running a VERY limited passing playbook with Bryce. You're effectively turning the entire field into a redzone offense.

You’re being dense here dude, we tried to go downfield today and no one could get down field. The closest catch was a 2nd string tight end running a seem.

• Poo 1

9 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Come on. He CAN make the throws. He just isn't. No excuse on a few of them. Gotta give your receiver a chance to make a play.

I think his confidence is shot. He needs a restart to get out of his head. 

And honestly these receivers are really, really bad.

Restart worked for Wilson. Sit Bryce for a week or two at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

You’re being dense here dude, we tried to go downfield today and no one could get down field. The closest catch was a 2nd string tight end running a seem.

Bryce was missing receivers all over the place downfield. 😂

The ability some of y'all have to continually invent new excuses is just wild to watch. I honestly feel secondhand embarrassment watching it 

• Pie 3

I gotta say as someone who doesn’t watch college, I’m amazed at how off the entire football world was about this dude. Hyped up as one of the most NFL ready QBs the games seen and he’s been about as far from that as you can get. With every other bust at this level the red flag that did them in was a known risk. Bryce has ironically been durable he just doesn’t seem very good at the rest of being a quarterback.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bruce was missing receivers all over the place downfield. 😂

The ability some of y'all have to continually invent new excuses is just wild to watch. I honestly feel secondhand embarrassment watching it 

People did it for Darnold, and are still doing it. No matter how bad a QB is there will always be defenders.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MechaZain said:

I gotta say as someone who doesn’t watch college, I’m amazed at how off the entire football world was about this dude. Hyped up as one of the most NFL ready QBs the games seen and he’s been about as far from that as you can get. With every other bust at this level the red flag that did them in was a known risk. Bryce has ironically been durable he just doesn’t seem very good at the rest of being a quarterback.

I watch a lot of college ball and was baffled about his draft evaluations. I was laughed at repeatedly this off-season for openly questioning his NFL talent level.

He always looked to me like an old school classic Heisman winner who just wasn't gonna translate to the NFL level.

• Beer 5

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Some of y'all badly need to watch some other games. Watch other QBs throw lasers. Watch them drop dimes while being pressured. Watch backup QBs look way better than Bryce across the league.

It's all out there.

You're mostly right. Receivers really are garbage. Like worst in the league bad.

• Pie 1