• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cannot Make Basic NFL Throws

BIGH2001

13 hours ago, parker said:

This is it.  Go look back at the Atlanta game.  He was a different QB. 

He absolutely was not. 

20/38 for 146 yards (3.8 yp completion), fifty percent completion rating, more picks than TDs.

as far as the throws went? Still hucking passes out of bounds, still doing a Fred Astaire impression, still throwing terrible picks (twice to the same player!), still lobbing hospital balls etc. 

like here it is you can watch it

maybe he looks slightly better for the first couple of drives, but starting about midway through the second it turns into the Bryce we know and love. Took the falcons about twenty minutes to figure him out and every team (except the Texans) followed suit. 

My favorite thing about the Bryce era are these game ending fourth quarter drives. Panthers will be down ten, five minutes left, and take the rest of the time to gain thirty yards against a prevent.

Just no sense of urgency or awareness from Bryce at all. Doesn’t look like he could care less. The Atlanta game ends on a five yard scramble on fourth and twenty. Dude is just oblivious. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

He absolutely was not. 

20/38 for 146 yards (3.8 yp completion), fifty percent completion rating, more picks than TDs.

as far as the throws went? Still hucking passes out of bounds, still doing a Fred Astaire impression, still throwing terrible picks (twice to the same player!), still lobbing hospital balls etc. 

like here it is you can watch it

maybe he looks slightly better for the first couple of drives, but starting about midway through the second it turns into the Bryce we know and love. Took the falcons about twenty minutes to figure him out and every team (except the Texans) followed suit. 

My favorite thing about the Bryce era are these game ending fourth quarter drives. Panthers will be down ten, five minutes left, and take the rest of the time to gain thirty yards against a prevent.

Just no sense of urgency or awareness from Bryce at all. Doesn’t look like he could care less. The Atlanta game ends on a five yard scramble on fourth and twenty. Dude is just oblivious. 

His footwork isn't as jittery.  Still the same team around him.  Still the same plays called. If anything cues you in, it's Dalton asking for different plays in the Seattle game.  Bryce is just doing what Reich had called on him to do.  The very fact that they chose not to address his footwork until after the season and make sure he knew the playbook first shows how bad the coaching staff has handled him.  He is in his own head right now and has no faith in the team around him except maybe Theilen.  Bryce can and will be a good NFL QB, but this was not the team or the year to provide that foundation.

• Pie 1

All I know is that on Monday night, two rookie QBs beat tougher teams with stellar performances. One was an undrafted rookie. The other was a guy we had been assured was a mook, a chump and a future embarrassment to his future team.

Maybe Bryce will eventually pan out and this is all because of bad coaching, he will hit the Tua boost by the third year. But right now I'm just seeing a guy with a popgun of an arm, no touch on the ball, an inability to read a defense or even see the field. 

And yeah, he has no receivers and the line in front of him sucks. 

But maybe, just maybe he sucks, too.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

All I know is that on Monday night, two rookie QBs beat tougher teams with stellar performances. One was an undrafted rookie. The other was a guy we had been assured was a mook, a chump and a future embarrassment to his future team.

Maybe Bryce will eventually pan out and this is all because of bad coaching, he will hit the Tua boost by the third year. But right now I'm just seeing a guy with a popgun of an arm, no touch on the ball, an inability to read a defense or even see the field. 

And yeah, he has no receivers and the line in front of him sucks. 

But maybe, just maybe he sucks, too.

He might. But until we see him on a proper team with a proper coaching staff and scheme I'll reserve my judgements because I truly believe any pocket style QB would be awful on this team too. Maybe they look a little better with a little better stats but it would still be bad. The decision making from start to finish was all wrong last year. From the trades, over estimation of talent, the coaching staff that was put together, the players who were traded, not traded, and the players drafted. Just a complete and utter failure from start to finish. Bryce will need better than that if he's going to succeed here, like any quarterback.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

He might. But until we see him on a proper team with a proper coaching staff and scheme I'll reserve my judgements because I truly believe any pocket style QB would be awful on this team too. Maybe they look a little better with a little better stats but it would still be bad. The decision making from start to finish was all wrong last year. From the trades, over estimation of talent, the coaching staff that was put together, the players who were traded, not traded, and the players drafted. Just a complete and utter failure from start to finish. Bryce will need better than that if he's going to succeed here, like any quarterback.

So he needs optimal conditions to perform as an average nfl qb.  Got it

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

That wont happen anytime soon so Young is going to have to show out anyway at least a glimmer or be gone.

Just now, Shotgun said:

That wont happen anytime soon so Young is going to have to show out anyway at least a glimmer or be gone.

Chances are it probably won't happen but it might if we strike gold on the next HC hire. Hopefully GM as well I really don't see how anyone including Tepper keeps Fitt around after what happened this year.

• Beer 1

This whole “gotta see him on a better team before evaluating him” nonsense is the most transparent bullshit. It’s a thought terminating cliche for people that can’t handle how wrong they were about him and how badly the team has failed. It’s setting up an impossible standard that will never achieved because it’s not being made in good faith. 

like even if Bryce has not shown glaring weaknesses in his individual game that have nothing to do with what’s going on around him (which lmao if you think he hasn’t) am I supposed to believe he’s going to survive until the panthers turn into the 49ers?

And his footwork is not something you’re going to fix. We know based on what Chark said and the athletic article that reich lied about play calls or Bryce’s decisions to protect him. This “we’re gonna work on mechanics next season” nonsense was obviously a lie to protect him and/or tepper. 

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, parker said:

His footwork isn't as jittery.  Still the same team around him.  Still the same plays called. If anything cues you in, it's Dalton asking for different plays in the Seattle game.  Bryce is just doing what Reich had called on him to do.  The very fact that they chose not to address his footwork until after the season and make sure he knew the playbook first shows how bad the coaching staff has handled him.  He is in his own head right now and has no faith in the team around him except maybe Theilen.  Bryce can and will be a good NFL QB, but this was not the team or the year to provide that foundation.

I thought Bryce's mental game was his best trait

• Flames 1

15 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

And his footwork is not something you’re going to fix. We know based on what Chark said and the athletic article that reich lied about play calls or Bryce’s decisions to protect him. This “we’re gonna work on mechanics next season” nonsense was obviously a lie to protect him and/or tepper. 

I just wonder when it hit them. Did they know when they drafted him but knew that he was gonna be Tepper's pick anyway so better get onboard? Was it during rookie mini camp? Training camp? I think they knew by preseason and that's why they played him so little. They put up a good front of being confident but they hid that kid in preseason like a candy wrapper under a kid's bed. They knew they'd be in trouble as soon as the NFL got tape on this guy.

• Beer 2