• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young is historically bad, and he's regressing

TN05

2 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Re-read the post you quoted. 

"Not nearly as often as anybody would have hoped"

I'm not here saying with 100% certainty that he is going to turn it around.  But the opposite is also not true.  His story is not written yet.

What I'm saying is that I just don't see the potential to turn it around.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Speak of the devil.  Here is one of the trolls.

I don't think you are being consistent. You accuse others of ignorance but you are clearly burying your head in the sand because you've got blinders on to this particular subject.

Not at all my friend. I hate it that my team has fallen into such a pit of despair. But the last thing I'm going to do in the midst of this mess is lie to myself about the things I'm seeing. Are there different issues happening? Absolutely. Do those issues also unequivocally revolve around the fact our #1 pick is looking unworthy of the trade we made and the pick we selected him with? Unfortunately yes. Does that mean I think he is for sure a bust at this very moment? I'm not in the full confirmation stage just yet. But the issue is his inadequacies that will hold him back from ever taking the next step cannot be changed. He is who he is phsyically. Wherever we go from here next season I would bring in legitimate competition at the QB position. Do not simply hand anyone anything. It must be earned.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

I don't think you are being consistent. You accuse others of ignorance but you are clearly burying your head in the sand because you've got blinders on to this particular subject.

Not at all my friend. I hate it that my team has fallen into such a pit of despair. But the last thing I'm going to do in the midst of this mess is lie to myself about the things I'm seeing. Are there different issues happening? Absolutely. Do those issues also unequivocally revolve around the fact our #1 pick is looking unworthy of the trade we made and the pick we selected him with? Unfortunately yes. Does that mean I think he is for sure a bust at this very moment? I'm not in the full confirmation stage just yet. But the issue is his inadequacies that will hold him back from ever taking the next step cannot be changed. He is who he is phsyically. Wherever we go from here next season I would bring in legitimate competition at the QB position. Do not simply hand anyone anything. It must be earned.

I've been completely consistent.  He has struggled.  Mightily.  There are lots of reasons for the struggles (lots his, lots not).

I'm not sticking my head in the sand anywhere by saying he can still get better.  He is 22 years old.  He didn't just forget to play football overnight.

Your second paragraph is what conversations on here should be.  A discussion.   That's why people are here,I assume.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

But the odds are not in his favor

Probably not.     I think the NFL is fickle as hell.  He could have gone to a different organization and been tremendously successful.  Environment matters a lot.   And we are not one that is helping facilitating any growth.

1 minute ago, jamos14 said:

I've been completely consistent.  He has struggled.  Mightily.  There are lots of reasons for the struggles (lots his, lots not).

I'm not sticking my head in the sand anywhere by saying he can still get better.  He is 22 years old.  He didn't just forget to play football overnight.

Your second paragraph is what conversations on here should be.  A discussion.   That's why people are here,I assume.

The problem is, is that BY has shown he doesn't belong in the NFL. The game is too big and fast for him. Tepper and Fitterer swung and missed in horrible fashion. The quicker this team bites the bullet and moves on from arguably the worst trade in NFL history the faster Tepper can hire an all new staff to get this team back on track.

8 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Yes, I chose that game intentionally.  He lost his weapons and his OL struggled; and HE also struggled. 

He is a much better QB than Bryce at this point; clearly.  But even he still struggles when his receivers aren't getting open and he is consistently pressured.  Most QBs do.   That's the point.   

The QB gets all the blame and all the praise but there are 11 on the field at a time for a reason.

The entire point of this thread is that it isn't one game in isolation, tho. CJ's had a couple bad games but dazzled and is probably saving Nico Collins' Texans career lol.

And even if we DID want to talk about one game - We had 200 yards on the ground yesterday (>160 without Bryce). Miles f'ing Sanders had 74 yards on the ground! Our OL held up. We had wide open receivers.. I mean Bryce has been missing open guys for a while now, but it was real bad yesterday.  We can poo talk our supporting cast all we want, and boy are they not very good, but I wager they'd look A LOT better with Andy Dalton this year.

He of course could change his story, but it isn't happening midseason... 

• Beer 1

Just now, FutureDynasty said:

The problem is, is that BY has shown he doesn't belong in the NFL. The game is too big and fast for him. Tepper and Fitterer swung and missed in horrible fashion. The quicker this team bites the bullet and moves on from arguably the worst trade in NFL history the faster Tepper can hire an all new staff to get this team back on track.

Tepper is going to have a hard time selling this job to a HC candidate who is being mandated to "fix" Bryce.  You absolutely KNOW that will be a question every candidate will ask--"am I married to Bryce Young?"  No HC wants his future tied to this kid.  Tepper may have to hedge his bets on Bryce or he's going to have to go faaaaaarrr down his list to find a HC.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

He didn’t forget. It is that his game does not withstand the pressure of everyone being so much bigger, faster, and most are now just as smart as him too. He doesn’t have the tools. He obviously cannot see where he is throwing the ball if he stays in a pocket. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

His also in a league where historically QBs his size do not succeed. 
He would be an exception and join a very, very short list, no pun intended, of successful short NFL QBs. 
Doesn’t matter about forgetting to play football. Football in the NFL is way different than college. If it was the same we would have a lot more success. 

10 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

The entire point of this thread is that it isn't one game in isolation, tho. CJ's had a couple bad games but dazzled and is probably saving Nico Collins' Texans career lol.

And even if we DID want to talk about one game - We had 200 yards on the ground yesterday (>160 without Bryce). Miles f'ing Sanders had 74 yards on the ground! Our OL held up. We had wide open receivers.. I mean Bryce has been missing open guys for a while now, but it was real bad yesterday.  We can poo talk our supporting cast all we want, and boy are they not very good, but I wager they'd look A LOT better with Andy Dalton this year.

He of course could change his story, but it isn't happening midseason... 

My very post in this thread was agreeing that he has gotten worse.  He has developed bad habits that weren't present in his college tape.

And yes; I think with Dalton they could have won 5 games this year.  He is/was more prepared for the NFL than Bryce was.   We threw him to the wolves when he clearly wasn't ready or before our team was setup for his success and now we are paying for it.

I love CJ.  Great player.  I wasn't comparing the two of them or their seasons.  

I really hope we see a different Bryce and Panthers team next year.  This 6 year span has sucked the life out of a proud fan base.  

• Pie 1