• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The NFL Is Choosing Concerts Over Player Safety. It’s Ending Careers.

jayboogieman

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This.

The owners must be making BANK off of these concerts and other events otherwise you'd think looking at all those millions of dollars on IR would convince them to do all they could to limit injury risks related to playing surfaces.

There’s only 9-10 home games at a stadium a year. They could easily have more than 10 concerts a year.

Players (with the exception of a few high profile skill set positions) are commodities in the NFL.....

.....subject to quick obsolesce with a unending (at least for now) supply of younger stock ready to move into that position. 

I'm know quite a few NFL players from lifting weights in gyms for over 50 years and have heard the stories from all of them.

Health of player isn't a concern to the bottom line of ratings in the NFL as long as there are players to replace them.............but when I see all the kids today who either have no interest in playing sports anymore or just soccer instead of football .......I'd be nervous if I was the NFL. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, PghPanther said:

Players (with the exception of a few high profile skill set positions) are commodities in the NFL.....

.....subject to quick obsolesce with a unending (at least for now) supply of younger stock ready to move into that position. 

I'm know quite a few NFL players from lifting weights in gyms for over 50 years and have heard the stories from all of them.

Health of player isn't a concern to the bottom line of ratings in the NFL as long as there are players to replace them.............but when I see all the kids today who either have no interest in playing sports anymore or just soccer instead of football .......I'd be nervous if I was the NFL. 

Or basketball or baseball. All sports where they don't have persistent player safety concerns in leagues that actively try to squash dissent.

Edited by kungfoodude

From Peter King:

The turf was replaced Tuesday night at Hard Rock Stadium, and the Tennessee-Miami game tonight will be the first NFL game played on the new grass. The turf comes from an 80-acre sod farm in Loxahatchee Groves, Fla., 61 miles north of the stadium. The Dolphins own the sod farm; the team bought the acreage and established the place in 2019 in a quality-control effort ensuring the best field they can have through the year. They can replace the turf, easily, on short notice, with trucks hauling it from an hour away. They change out the grass eight to 10 times a year. This farm can grow about 15 fields at once, and it takes about a year to grow one of the fields to full maturity before it is transplanted.

Just saying there are options allowing to "easily replace the turf, on short notice"

On 12/12/2023 at 2:50 PM, TheBigKat said:

If the NFLPA has a spine, they’ll force grass in the next CBA

They don't...

...players need to step up and install some conservative leaders who are still in possession of their gonads to collectively bargain on their behalf 👊.