• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith for GM

thunderraiden

1 hour ago, Brent Gregory said:

No thanks I got 10 hours of Steve Smith hyping Bryce young videos from last spring. 

I'm a big 89 fan but you got this right. I can separate the player from the evaluator. Yes he was one of the few that had Kupp on his draft list at that time. And he spoke highly of DJ Moore. But the Bryce Young love tour and speaking of DJ Moore as if he were an afterthought with the current results becoming more and more clear for both players says short of some basic input here and there we don't need him making picks by any means.

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

If you thought Gettleman was a jerk then you've never met Steve Smith. I have met him twice, great player, POS personality. Agents would play him like a fiddle with his emotions

This is valid.

People complained about our GM not having good interpersonal skills. Now we want Steve Smith? 😳

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

If you thought Gettleman was a jerk then you've never met Steve Smith. I have met him twice, great player, POS personality. Agents would play him like a fiddle with his emotions

I met him in the gym one afternoon years ago in the offseason. He didn't really have attitude but also seemed pretty shy. It was a conversation in passing at the front desk so there was not much depth to it. How did your interactions go?

41 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I met him in the gym one afternoon years ago in the offseason. He didn't really have attitude but also seemed pretty shy. It was a conversation in passing at the front desk so there was not much depth to it. How did your interactions go?

I've met him twice, once at Charlotte City Club and once on a flight sitting next to him (last year or the year before for TNF against the Texans). At Charlotte City Club at the bar I said hello and that his abscence is still felt on the team (he was with the Ravens at the time) and you'd think I ran over the guys cat with him saying this is a members bar and not a fan club in essence. No $hit sherlock, I am a member there as well.

In the flight my boys were excited to be sitting near him and wanted to ask him football questions, he tuned them out, again I don't care because I don't put athletes on pedestals but he was a jerk to them. 

I've only been starstruck twice in my life around athletes, having dinner with Muhammad Ali in a mosque in WV when a child, meeting MJ at the upper floor of Chima and having a brief conversation together about Lake Norman of all things (he had just recently bought a home in LKN and I told him that I see that home across from mine on the lake when I lived there at the time)

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

I've met him twice, once at Charlotte City Club and once on a flight sitting next to him (last year or the year before for TNF against the Texans). At Charlotte City Club at the bar I said hello and that his abscence is still felt on the team (he was with the Ravens at the time) and you'd think I ran over the guys cat with him saying this is a members bar and not a fan club in essence. No $hit sherlock, I am a member there as well.

In the flight my boys were excited to be sitting near him and wanted to ask him football questions, he tuned them out, again I don't care because I don't put athletes on pedestals but he was a jerk to them. 

I've only been starstruck twice in my life around athletes, having dinner with Muhammad Ali in a mosque in WV when a child, meeting MJ at the upper floor of Chima and having a brief conversation together about Lake Norman of all things (he had just recently bought a home in LKN and I told him that I see that home across from mine on the lake when I lived there at the time)

It's a shame Steve had to show some attitude each time especially to the kids. That's a real bummer to hear of him blowing off kids and not answering a couple questions to make their day and their eyes light up since of course they obviously were fans of his. I realize a well known athlete likes their alone time and quiet time but it's a trade off being a well known NFL player and also something one would think to practice good manners at least for the kids. 

Even your comment to him that he was most definitely missed could have followed by simply saying "thank you" and moving on. It took more effort to basically tell you it's a private club and not for fans than to just say thanks and move on. I must have caught him in a rare good mood for him to even say something back when I made small talk for a brief second.