• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Handling Young with kid gloves

Jmac

It's pretty obvious. Considering how badly he's played and what the team gave up to draft him Bryce Young could have it a great deal worse considering he's already gotten his first head coach and QB coach fired in the first season. The media is mostly still going to bat for him. He should be very thankful he plays in this smaller media market the daggers would be out daily in somewhere like NY.

• Pie 5

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I know I squatted 350 plus regularly back in high school.

These days if I squat, I have trouble standing back up 😕

I understand that last part. 30+ years of throwing iron around the gym wears on a body.  Squats and leg presses these days makes my hips hurt for 2 days. The older guys warned me when I was in my 20’s and 30’s but I was convinced I was different.  That worked out well.  lol.  

Edited by ickmule

7 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I understand that last part. 30+ years of throwing iron around the gym wears on a body.  Squats and leg presses these days makes my hips hurt for 2 days. The older guys warned me when I was in my 20’s and 30’s but I was convinced I was different.  That worked out well.  lol.  

I came out of ten years of football with my fair share of injuries.

Then I decided to try martial arts because there were body parts I hadn't hurt yet 😕

• Beer 2

20 hours ago, Jmac said:

I have been reading they have been basically giving Young a pass.  Handling him with an easy touch. Not holding him responsible for his play and mechanics.

Tabor is ready to start ripping an ass and putting pressure on Young to play up to his draft position. I wonder if Reich was being easy on Young and coddling him.

Obviously, there are many issues besides Young that plague the offense, but he is a big part of the problem.

His foot work is awfull and decision making is just as bad. Maybe they need to put more responsibility on him for this sh&t show.

In the Russini article she said players were complaining about Young being coddled by the coaches but the coaches saying they can’t criticize him any more than they are without killing his confidence. The media for the first 10 weeks blamed all their asses for his play too. The other offensive pieces were probably heated. If I’m Adm Theilen or Tyler Moton and I’m having a decent year all the media is on me for getting not helping Bryce but I’m in film room and I see Young is the one making most the mistakes I’m heated. Their stock next time they hit the market is now zero, no one will want any piece of this offense. Tepper did all this with his decision. 

• Pie 1