• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game ball! Who gets it?

Carl Spackler

Game ball! Who gets it?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the game ball?

• Chuba Hubbard
    • Xavier Woods
    • Bryce Young
    • Eddy Pineiro
    • Adam Thielen
    • Tommy Tremble

Defense. Brown. 

Honorable mention on D - Burns has a really good game.  Luvu and Jackson also played well.

Offense. Bryce.  Looked very confident.  Had some of those wow plays I saw earlier in the year.

Honorable mention on O - Chubba.  Chark.

Mays played well at LG and Gabe Jackson was solid despite some penalties. 

30 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

Yeah maybe it was the wind/rain but those passes looked awful. The only one that looked anything like a deliberate NFL caliber throw was the amazing catch by Chark

24 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

He was throwing against massive wind gusts in the rain.  I know some of them didn't look rifled in there but you are throwing against the wind and also trying to make the ball as catchable as possible in the pouring rain.  Cam Newton throwing lasers in that weather wouldn't work either.

Ridder had several throws that were dropped that he put too much mustard on given the conditions...

I think you are massively underestimating how hard it would be to balance throwing the ball with touch in these conditions and fighting the elements.  Every single player and coach knows how impressive that final drive was... it's amazing the amount of hate people can have against something so beautiful...

LOL literally eveyone talked about how Cam could never throw with touch a decade ago... I'm convinced so many people here just don't want to be happy.

Except his throws look like that in good weather too, as I said. And who said I'm not happy? As I've said time and time again, recognizing the objective reality doesn't equate to unhappiness. The offense played like absolute ass for nearly the entire game, Bryce looked pathetic until he quacked him a few throws to inexplicably wide open receivers on the final drive (great catch by Chark), and thanks to Ridder being the biggest bonehead of the days Carolina pulled one out.

A W in the column, same story on the field just with an opponent who was even more inept today. Ultimately though, makes no difference to me.

10 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Except his throws look like that in good weather too, as I said. And who said I'm not happy? As I've said time and time again, recognizing the objective reality doesn't equate to unhappiness. The offense played like absolute ass for nearly the entire game, Bryce looked pathetic until he quacked him a few throws to inexplicably wide open receivers on the final drive (great catch by Chark), and thanks to Ridder being the biggest bonehead of the days Carolina pulled one out.

A W in the column, same story on the field just with an opponent who was even more inept today. Ultimately though, makes no difference to me.

I definitely agree about his passes in good weather too it’s just hard to compare. 

I don’t understand how his arm has looked this weak this year compared to college. I can’t see how the velocity you can put on the ball could change this much. It’s hard to feel optimistic about him long term if his shoulder is this weak as a young man coming from a college with NFL caliber(maybe better) training staff. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

I definitely agree about his passes in good weather too it’s just hard to compare. 

I don’t understand how his arm has looked this weak this year compared to college. I can’t see how the velocity you can put on the ball could change this much. It’s hard to feel optimistic about him long term if his shoulder is this weak as a young man coming from a college with NFL caliber(maybe better) training staff. 

It looks the same to me, but with the NFL being faster on the whole the ball looks slower. I don't understand how the team watched that same film and thought it would improve enough to be NFL level on a consistent basis.

On topic, the defense and OL get game balls from me.

Edited by KSpan