• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Final Drive

Seltzer

It was an exciting way to finish the game, great drive by the whole team. Chuba has really progressed this year. ISM is a very intriguing player, not sure why he wasn’t featured earlier in the year. Defense, led by Brown again was great. 

Bryce had a good game. But floated a lot of balls, allowing the defense to close on the ball. I still don’t see him as a winning starer in the NFL unless he’s surrounded by superstars at every position. And btw, that doesn’t make me a hater, I just don’t see it. But I hope I’m wrong. Would be awesome if he was.

But today was a good day, great to see us win one.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

What is really like to know is how many of the plays called were TB and how many did Bryce check into. This drive was similar to the one we beat the Texans on and thankfully both ended up as wins. I do however see a glaring issue in both games that we cannot afford to continually count on. Defense held up all 4 quarters. This will not and cannot continually be expected. The main things you build off any great drive like this or win is confidence. Like they said on the broadcast any time Bryce is given a chance to make decisions and not have a defender in his face in 2 seconds then he can try to make a play or attempt to throw a receiver open. Confidence is key to end the year whether we win or not. Then come the offseason and we build around a punishing rushing attack, play action and motion. Simple as that. 

2 hours ago, Bama Panther said:

As a Bama grad, I’m a Bryce fan, and I hope he figures this thing out. I was pleased with that last drive. However, I still want to see more out of his passes. The ~20 yarder to Tremble to get off the goal line took forever to get to him, and the pass to Minot was just a wounded duck with a nice adjustment (granted, the rain may have caused the ball to come out funny).

I do hope Bryce and the team can build in this. 

All his balls take forever to get to where he wants them. I just don’t see how is arm is going to be able to get to where it needs be at this level

• Pie 5

6 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Just like if a random person on the Huddle gives his hot take on a certain QB. Completely irrelevant.

And yet here you are, responding yet again.

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

You are pathetic.

What elicited such a response? Awfully touchy.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

All his balls take forever to get to where he wants them. I just don’t see how is arm is going to be able to get to where it needs be at this level

That’s my concern as well. You would have to throw with unheard of anticipation to overcome that issue.

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

My biggest concern too. It's amazing to me that this issue wasn't hammered home in scouting reports. 

I know some folks here will say "I told you so" from before the draft (and originally I was a Stroud guy too). But Bryce was unquestionably going to be picked in the top 5, probably top 2. So everyone was wrong on this, no just the lucky Panthers.

• Pie 1