• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Unlikely to Pursue Harbaugh

kungfoodude

Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper is unlikely to pursue Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh for the team's head coaching vacancy, a source told Dianna Russini of The Athletic.

Tepper had conversations with Harbaugh last year before hiring Frank Reich, Russini adds.

Harbaugh is expected to draw interest from NFL clubs with head coaching vacancies. The 60-year-old has been with Michigan since 2015 after a four-year stint with the San Francisco 49ers. Harbaugh could face further discipline from the Big Ten and NCAA as a result of their investigation into a sign-stealing scandal that already saw the Wolverines' boss receive a three-game ban from the sidelines.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2802382

• Pie 1

That house isn't big enough for those 2 egos.

Can he not stay in school? Seems like a better fit with how he works with others and all I heard was some light wrist slapping punishements from the sign stealing tthing. Just asking, don't care to dive too deep into that level's drama.

He is a master of creating leverage for better contracts. I don't see how this is really any difference.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

That house isn't big enough for those 2 egos.

Can he not stay in school? Seems like a better fit with how he works with others and all I heard was some light wrist slapping punishements from the sign stealing tthing. Just asking, don't care to dive too deep into that level's drama.

He is a master of creating leverage for better contracts. I don't see how this is really any difference.

Harbaugh is living on borrowed time in college. He incensed the NCAA by literally not cooperating with a very trivial investigation, causing them to throw the book at him. Now the entire Big Ten flipped on him about the sign stealing which the NCAA hasn't even delved into yet.

He would be a buffoon to not pull a Pete Carroll and get out of dodge ahead of the coming storm.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Of course we aren’t going after him. He is a proven winner. 

Exactly, why try and get the guy this team needs, a builder. We are a disaster from the top down, Harbaugh is the right guy for the job. Johnson would be good too, but would he come here? Who am I kidding, would Harbaugh even come here? 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Exactly, why try and get the guy this team needs, a builder. We are a disaster from the top down, Harbaugh is the right guy for the job. Johnson would be good too, but would he come here? Who am I kidding, would Harbaugh even come here? 

Harbaugh has a proven track record. Ben Johnson has zero track record.

Not saying I wouldn't be happy to have him but those guys are opposite ends of the scale, IMO.

• Pie 3

I feel they dont want Harbaugh because of his desire to be HC and GM to an extent. They are worried about too much on the plate for one person and further adding the hindering of producing wins. I understand this thought process but Harbaugh knows how to build a team that is strong from the ground up and I would take that chance over another unknown or retread any day. We will see how things shake out but we need someone to develop Bryce through developing his support system around him on the field and ensuring the defense stays strong and focuses on stopping the run and PA since we have been abysmal in those departments almost a decade now.

• Pie 1