• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Never forget how Scott Two Chinn handled the Lamar Jackson opportunity

TheBigKat

On 12/25/2023 at 11:57 PM, Panthers Fan 69 said:

As a GM, you will never hit on every move. But you do need to get lucky and hit on a few very important pieces. Fitt has missed on almost 100% of his free agents and draft picks. Luvu is arguably his best signing. Horn is ok. No one knows what Bryce will become. Icky is meh. 

they free agents he did hit on in large part....he wanted no part in keeping.  Gilmore should be here instead of Jackson IMO.  And you should of made money talk with Reddick.  Paying him more than Philly still would have made him comically cheap for an elite pass rusher.  

Fitt lucked into Luvu and that is countered by 154678 bad moves. 

• Pie 2

On 12/26/2023 at 1:14 AM, tukafan21 said:

It's amazing how people still refuse to accept that the Lamar thing went down the way it did for two reasons.

First is that no team really wanted to give up the draft capital as well as give out the huge contract for someone who wasn't able to finish the previous two seasons.  

Second and more importantly, it was a poorly kept secret in the league that the Ravens were going to match any deal made to Lamar.  Because of that, nobody wanted to waste their time negotiating a difficult contract with Lamar, just for the Ravens to match it and then not get Lamar.

Bingo 🙌.

The easily offended who are always looking for "respect" just can't seem to set emotions aside and dwell on the facts.  

Biggest Cam fan on this board, but Lamar is even better than Cam. He makes it look so easy at times.

Sometimes he's not even going full speed, but still looks so much faster than everyone else on the field. Ravens still need to put some more weapons around him. Flowers was a nice start, but the Andrews injury basically has them in the same position as last year. 

Lamar had some health concerns, questionable amount of time left due to his style of play, and has not performed well in the playoffs.

Teams are so desperate for QBs in particular that they have burned an insane amount on 1st round picks over the last decade or so.

Heres the list from previous years, yikes!

Locker, Ponder, Gabbert.

Tannehill, Weeden.

EJ Manuel

Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater

Winston, Mariota

Goff, Wentz, Paxton Lynch

Trubisky

Mayfield, Rosen

Daniel Jones, Dewayne Haskins

In addition to the picks, you also have QBs like "Danny Dimes" taking in a huge payday but ultimately not being that great of a QB. This only made the situation worse.

I swear guys in similar situations like Lamar (not just limited to playing QB) used to do things like this, wind up not being signed anywhere, then playing for league minimum as second string on a crummy team.

This era of QB play has really stunk in comparisons to the vet QBs from the last 15 years or so.

We never showed interest neither did Vegas. It was reported we were not pursuing that option for both teams.

This just the NFL acting like there was at least some interest after the fact.

Now Lamar might win another MVP and finish with the best record in football.

Also funny Mr. Scot in this thread. Dude was mocking me the entire time going into different threads calling me Lamar Jackson. Now he looks foolish. Shame on me for wanting a franchise QB.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We never showed interest neither did Vegas. It was reported we were not pursuing that option for both teams.

This just the NFL acting like there was at least some interest after the fact.

Now Lamar might win another MVP and finish with the best record in football.

Also funny Mr. Scot in this thread. Dude was mocking me the entire time going into different threads calling me Lamar Jackson. Now he looks foolish. Shame on me for wanting a franchise QB.

Never known you to allow facts to get in the way of your opinions, no matter how stupid they may be 😄

• Pie 1

On 12/27/2023 at 3:53 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Biggest Cam fan on this board, but Lamar is even better than Cam. He makes it look so easy at times.

Sometimes he's not even going full speed, but still looks so much faster than everyone else on the field. Ravens still need to put some more weapons around him. Flowers was a nice start, but the Andrews injury basically has them in the same position as last year. 

Playoff wins 

Lamar Jackson 1

Bums with more playoff wins...

Purdy

Goff

Presscot

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Lamar has 4TDs in 3 quarters.

Might be headed towards his 2nd MVP.

Fug Tepper!

3 1sts, 3 2nds plus players was the rumored asking price before the tag. 

Lamar's fully guaranteed contract plus all those picks would have created the exact situation he had been complaining about in Baltimore. No talent around him and cap strapped with no picks for 3 years would have just recreated it. 

If we had been able to get LJ and surround him with talent, I'd have been all for it. But the way Baltimore played it, it was never going to happen for us or anyone else.