• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russel Wilson being benched

jb2288

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

You see the carolina panthers even with the least talent are not in the worst team situation. Denver, cleveland, and maybe arizona are worse than the panthers. If not for herbo in LA Id say Spanos makes them worse than panthers&tepper.

I would think that Arizona is in decent shape.  They have some cap space next year, and they are in good shape draft wise.  Kyler Murray may not be the next Pat Mahomes, but he might have a lot of talent around him.  

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

I would think that Arizona is in decent shape.  They have some cap space next year, and they are in good shape draft wise.  Kyler Murray may not be the next Pat Mahomes, but he might have a lot of talent around him.  

I think they’re a sleeper next year. Kyler looks good again, McBride is gonna be an all star. Draft Harrison Jr. or trade back and get picks to use on defense. Could be pretty good next year 

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

All true. The one deciding factor in this- Bidwill is a worse owner than tepper.

I have seen more than few rumors about murray on the trade block this off-season. I believe if not for his injury, the market would have been hot during the trade deadline. That contract is super scary too.  

Yikes this story is getting nastier by the day. Russ just spoke to the media.

Apparently Payton never wanted Russ from the start. They approached him after a win vs the Chiefs in which they were in the playoff hunt. They asked him to take a paycut or else he would not be the starter.

That's some shady/evil stuff. Fug Sean Payton! This dude is going to get exposed in due time. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

56 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Apparently Payton never wanted Russ from the start. They approached him after a win vs the Chiefs in which they were in the playoff hunt. They asked him to take a paycut or else he would not be the starter.

That's some shady/evil stuff. Fug Sean Payton! This dude is going to get exposed in due time. 

Hope Payton fails... Russ would  take Pittsburgh deep into the playoffs...thats where he should go. Pickett ain't it and ms. Rudolphs son aint it..

Edited by Johnstonny
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Sounds like the Front Office made the call - they wanted him to remove the injury guarantee clause.  Said he’d be benched if he didn’t.  That was back in October.

Now Payton is back-tracking so who knows, but its definitely smelling fishy in Denver.

Here’s a link to the article: 

ESPN

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Sounds like the Front Office made the call - they wanted him to remove the injury guarantee clause.  Said he’d be benched if he didn’t.  That was back in October.

Now Payton is back-tracking so who knows, but its definitely smelling fishy in Denver.

Here’s a link to the article: 

ESPN

Why are they asking him to remove a clause in the middle of a playoff run?

Seems like they just wanted to get out from under Russ even if they were winning. Kind of sad honestly. Imagine playing good football beating the Chiefs and after the game they hit you with this.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Why are they asking him to remove a clause in the middle of a playoff run?

Seems like they just wanted to get out from under Russ even if they were winning. Kind of sad honestly. Imagine playing good football beating the Chiefs and after the game they hit you with this.

Sketch city.  For the front office to say that to him - and then follow up on it - WHOA.

And then for Russ to come out and speak publicly about it.  This is all a really shady situation.  Prepare to hear about it constantly the rest of the season.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Hopefully the Broncos get dump trucked the two games that Wilson misses and Stidham shits the bed hard.

That's a win-win as the fanbase will turn on each other over the Wilson/Payton feud.

I found a Broncos message board if anyone is interested.  And yes, it is as bad as I suspected.  That fanbase is losing their minds right now… 🙃

Broncos board

• Flames 1