• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One less Head Coach vacancy to fill

The Lobo

Honestly Bears haven't been all that bad this year and Fields clearly ain't the answer to me so if he/they can get a QB and more draft capital by trading Fields to build out the OL and holes on D, maybe another WR I think Eberflus could have them in the playoffs next year. I never thought much of him when they hired him but I think he's done a good enough job with them this year for them to keep him around for a new QB era. He inherited Fields.

• Pie 3

46 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Even if you’re 50/50 about keeping him. You gotta move on you won’t get a perfect storm of having all this draft capital to attract a premier coach again 

They can flip the 1st round pick for a 1st round pick next year again and probably more.  Which is honestly the prudent thing to do. Take a bidding war in the top 5 knowing that if you want MHJ you're more than likely able to still get him or Nabers.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, The Lobo said:

Fine with me, one less destination for a coach to go. 

TBH, I don't really view any of the other openings as competition in the same race.

If you want the most money, no one will beat us. If you want the best situation, we were never in the running in the first place. 

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Potential dominos...

It’s gonna be another spicy off-season for us. I know the reports from Josina (I think) said we won’t go after him, but it’s so early to tell that, I don’t think anyone has a clue what we will do. Thanks for the update Scot.