• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

People need to realize

RumHam

I wish Icky were Jeff Otah.

He's having a very rough go of it. Though it is amusing that people who think our 22 year old #1 pick is a new staff away from being a franchise QB think this 23 year old kid is for sure damaged goods.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

I wish Icky were Jeff Otah.

He's having a very rough go of it. Though it is amusing that people who think our 22 year old #1 pick is a new staff away from being a franchise QB think this 23 year old kid is for sure damaged goods.

I think Icky will be fine. A better OC might help him but at worst he should make a great LG which he desperately need as well. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

wilks and even mcadoo hid a lot of Ickey's issues. running the ball 30+ per game and also having a TE and/or RB on his side to help with chipping.

Reich/ Thomas Brown's playbook/playcalling involves leaving Ickey on an island from the shotgun on every 3rd and long

not once, do we ever see help protection or even a play-action called to help slow the pass rushers

Yep and for that, Campen can also go with the OC…i have no. Idea what they do in film review and game planning or self scouting 

…sadly, this issue with the two guards and lack of depth was extremely predictable before the season started with two guards coming off major injuries end of last season

Fitterer is a huge huge issue 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

Its that time to see draft predictions and what not. Icky is jeff otah 2.0,

Jaycee Horn is Jeff Otah 2.0.  That’s the real Otah comparison. 

Otah essentially walked on the field and was Pro Bowl caliber from the jump.  We just couldn’t keep him on the field. Icky being a better run blocker than pass protector doesn’t make him Otah.  Otah was a monster.  

• Pie 4

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Jeff Otah was actually quite good. He didn’t get derailed by poor play, he got derailed by injuries.

That is not remotely an apples to apples comparison.

[CRA made this point before me.]

Otah’s comparison should be to Horn.  A good to very good player that can’t stay on the field…

Edited by bythenbrs

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

Its that time to see draft predictions and what not. Icky is jeff otah 2.0, but youre not hot swapping a second or third rounder to start. I feel like this discussion was already had with Christensen.

We aren't winning poo next year and most likely the year after. Homers on twitter and some on here are hell bent on believing we are the right staff and like two players away and that bryce is mahomes 2.0. STOP IT. 

After the tepper tantrum, ben johnson gonna want 50 mil a year to come here. And he probably still isnt the right answer because of the the Nicoles. This team cant draft, especially wide receivers in the second. Theres a reason they didn't go in the first and we have NEVER had a staff to get these players right. Same with edge rushers. You take the best interior lineman. Hurney was good at firsts because hed take the best position player that wasnt needed by others. We got Luke because no one needed a linebacker. BPA BABY. Interior lineman arent drafted high. Hell we got kalil in the second. 

Tldr; we arent good, arent close, its gonna be a while, so a handul of late round draft swaps arent the answer. We aren't a 1000 yard receiver away, hell we got one of those.

poo on Jeff Otah all we want, but the dude was a dominant run blocker for us at RT for his prime.

As fans, we need to realize we are pretty much running the complete opposite scheme that we did last year and are asking a dominant run blocking tackle to be a finesse, West Coast pass blocking tackle... In no way is it Ickys fault this scheme sucks for him...

We either have to go to a more run focused, play action playbook on offense (this would immensely help Bryce in my opinion also) or force icky to play guard/trade him. It's honestly that simple

We're no where close. 

Our line that was a strength a year ago is a bigger embarrassment than David Tepper is to most of you. 

Our pass rushers outside of Burns are nothing but rotational guys. 

We need a new middle linebacker. 

We also need a bona-fide pass catching TE.

Along with a true speedster that can not only take the top off of defenses, but allow our other guys to flourish.  

I don't care how.many FA's we bring in. This is a long ways away from being able to add all these players. 

We really need another starting CB also.