• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Applaloosa Management is still looking good

12 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I was saying "wacked out" in the sense that there are people smarter then me in a lot of fields, not in the sense of making money.

Oh, for sure. David Tepper is way smarter than me when it comes to financial matters and investments. 100%.

But I sleep real well at night. He probably does too but I couldn't if I was him.

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Selling your soul for some money. 

You disgust me!

Not talking about selling his soul but I agree with him. If I could hand Tepper my money and get his genius to invest for me I certainly would. The guy can't run a football franchise but two things he is VERY GOOD at are making money and throwing food and drink on people.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, it kinda is. This mentality of "I'm only an investor" and using that to separate and insulate ourselves from the companies we invest in is just a cop out.

I understand this line of thinking, but the more you look into anything you spend your money on in this world you can find 500 human rights violations on the way down.

I get there are different levels of separation to it and we should all try to be better, but there's blood on all our hands.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

Computer Suit GIF by South Park - Find & Share on GIPHY

Not with tepper in charge.  This is staggering.

Through decades of managing money he’s had spectacular years as well as major declines. Still, over time Tepper has posted annualized returns of about 28% for investors, before fees. That included a 12.5% gain in 2022, when the market tumbled. 

7 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

I’m sure if corners ever received a large sum inheritance he’d share it with all of us out of the goodness of his heart. 

If I was a billionaire, I can promise you the world would be a better place. I certainly wouldn’t spend $80 million bulldozing a house in the hamptons. Think about how much student debt he could have paid off for people. Or cancer research.

Edited by 4Corners
  • Pie 1

Just now, 4Corners said:

If I was a billionaire, I can promise you the world would be a better place. I certainly would spend $80 million bulldozing a house in the hamptons. Think about how much student debt he could have paid off for people. 

tinderbox incoming