• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera Fired

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think he'll probably retire. He's just not a good coach. It's beyond obvious at this point that he was floated by guys like Cam and Luke and to a lesser extent McDermott. He's a defensive coach and Washington's D was beyond embarrassing this year. It's over for Ron.

McD is actually Ron lite IMO.   Think that book has been exposed this year.   Allen and that O win in spite of McD.   

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Again, just rumors amongst the talking heads.  Of that list, Belichick is the only one I expect to go.  Vrabel is probabaly 50-50 and Carrol isn't quite ready to retire yet, I wouldn't think.  Pederson is likely safe this year, but he can't afford to miss the playoffs again in '24, especially in a repeat fashion of this season.

fug it, come on down Mike Vrabel. But I don't see him getting fired. Team was competitive in every game, had a poo ton of inconsistency but should improve as Levis continues to grow. Think next year is his hot seat year.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's a LOT better than Ron ever was. Five consecutive winning season is something we can only dream of.

eh, he is a super tight and conservative defensive coach.....and he is totally being carried like Ron by a Cam Newton like almost unicorn QB.  But unilke Ron, he doesn't seem to even like Allen and what they do...nor has actually has created a good environment.  All that has sort of come to light.  That O is definitely having to overcome McD. 

Bills have had a talented roster and specifically Josh Allen and have emerged as Brady faded out of New England. 

I no longer buy into McD being a great coach.  And I don't see how folks can really claim Cam carried Ron and then not say the same about McD. 

He only got an extra year because the new owners needed time to adjust.

Mixed feelings on Ron. Highs and lows. The more I think about it he is a dinosaur and I'm not even sure he has consulting value. He is still living in the 80s and evey year he has made himself more irrelevant in the NFL.

Interesting that Josh Harris fires Rivera (HC/GM) and brings in TWO former GM’s (one with the NBA Warriors, one NFL) to hire a new President of Football Operations and also HC.

Commanders

This is the type of outside the box thinking I’m hoping for from an owner with the deepest of pockets (Tepper).  Hire experts to identify the best candidates in both the front office and coaching.  Harris is a new owner but it seems he’s figured it out.  Don’t meddle. 

21 minutes ago, CRA said:

eh, he is a super tight and conservative defensive coach.....and he is totally being carried like Ron by a Cam Newton like almost unicorn QB.  But unilke Ron, he doesn't seem to even like Allen and what they do...nor has actually has created a good environment.  All that has sort of come to light.  That O is definitely having to overcome McD. 

Bills have had a talented roster and specifically Josh Allen and have emerged as Brady faded out of New England. 

I no longer buy into McD being a great coach.  And I don't see how folks can really claim Cam carried Ron and then not say the same about McD. 

Not saying McD is great but five straight winning seasons says he's at least good.

I like Allen and he's fun to watch but let's be honest, the Bills have had to overcome a lot of mistakes from him this season especially. He's been a turnover machine.

20 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He only got an extra year because the new owners needed time to adjust.

Mixed feelings on Ron. Highs and lows. The more I think about it he is a dinosaur and I'm not even sure he has consulting value. He is still living in the 80s and evey year he has made himself more irrelevant in the NFL.

think he could have some value when you face a team that doesn't fit the modern mold.  Every once in awhile you get a throw back team like the Titans have been the last couple years.    So you throw him on staff because he is a good lockerroom guy and for the random time you might need him (which is the way the NFL works).