• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coach/GM Updates

Our defense did have to contend with an offense scoring more points for the opponents than they scored themselves (hyperbole but...). They also had to contend with terrible field position.

I've not checked in at the end of the season but we had a great third down defense and a good yards per play defense overall. 

My thing with Evero is how he managed to patch massive holes with poor parts.

10 hours ago, Jaxel said:

This is not true - for most of the season the Panthers held more offensive possession than their opponents. Which is why we couldn't score, it took 27 play 13 minute drives to get to the endzone.

I need pink text or something for sarcasm. Sorry you took my response to heart.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No indication he's got a second interview anywhere else yet (including here).

Slowik did spend six years working for the 49ers under John Lynch and Adam Peters.

Either we have a really good idea who we’re going to hire at this point or we’re being turned down for second interviews by some of our candidates. Unfortunately, I have a guess as to which one is more likely to be true here.

I feel like Quinn, Slowik, and Macdonald are telling us no.

18 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I feel like Quinn, Slowik, and Macdonald are telling us no.

Quinn..? Why would we give him a second interview .. no one wants him to be the HC lol

MacDonald has no known second interviews rn.  Same for Johnson, there is nothing reported for them.. because they can't interview until next week anyways.

Just now, Steelo said:

Quinn..? Why would we give him a second interview .. no one wants him to be the HC lol

MacDonald has no known second interviews rn.  Same for Johnson, there is nothing reported for them.. because they can't interview until next week anyways.

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1749527162439246061?s=46&t=xpgkpbdmCQHLrpIYBMrHOw

Seems totally feasible after the initial interview Macdonald could have politely told us no.

8 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1749527162439246061?s=46&t=xpgkpbdmCQHLrpIYBMrHOw

Seems totally feasible after the initial interview Macdonald could have politely told us no.

Now I do remember seeing this, thanks.

I feel like we aren't done with our HC pool.  Slowik has a Commander's interview tonight. Maybe he goes there and it continues our pursuit of Ben J

9 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Our defense did have to contend with an offense scoring more points for the opponents than they scored themselves (hyperbole but...). They also had to contend with terrible field position.

I've not checked in at the end of the season but we had a great third down defense and a good yards per play defense overall. 

My thing with Evero is how he managed to patch massive holes with poor parts.

Our defense was hurt by the offense but they also benefited from our horrible offense. Teams always had leads, so they weren’t throwing the kitchen sink at us. When people say we were the 4th best defense, it’s misleading. We weren’t anywhere close to the real top defenses that let up 100+ points less than us even though opponents had garbage time galore trying to catch up.

I think Evero did a good job with the limited talent we have but we weren’t a top 5 D. We had the 2nd worst net points in the league. Washington was -189 and we were -180 and there was a large gap to 3rd worst at -141. Heck, there were only 4 other teams at -100+. That net points difference is why teams absolutely took the pedal off the gas and ran more against us. We also knew they would be running more once they gained leads. Our D was decent and was way better than our horrific offense.

• Beer 1